Husky Contradictions | The Boneyard

Husky Contradictions

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This Bonjour article entitled "UConn, Samuelson Remain Ready For Anything", well, the body of the article and Lou's quotes say otherwise. At least to me.

“We’ve had ups and downs this season,” she said. “It’s just part of this team dynamic that sometimes it is harder for us to break away from teams. Just knowing that and understanding that we need to be ready, I think that’s going to help us overall for the long run.”

On paper, this season appears to be progressing like many others under Geno Auriemma’s watch. The Huskies are 17-1 (6-0 in AAC play) and ranked No. 3 in the country, with their only blemish an 11-point loss at Baylor. Up next is a date Sunday in Hartford (4 p.m.) with resurgent UCF (17-2, 6-0).The reality, though, is that this season, despite what the record may indicate, is not like many others. This season is strangely different because it’s almost February and the Huskies still don’t have all their questions answered."

UConn, Samuelson remain ready for anything

They aren't ready for everything.

Reaction Score
This Bonjour article entitled "UConn, Samuelson Remain Ready For Anything", well, the body of the article and Lou's quotes say otherwise. At least to me.

“We’ve had ups and downs this season,” she said. “It’s just part of this team dynamic that sometimes it is harder for us to break away from teams. Just knowing that and understanding that we need to be ready, I think that’s going to help us overall for the long run.”

On paper, this season appears to be progressing like many others under Geno Auriemma’s watch. The Huskies are 17-1 (6-0 in AAC play) and ranked No. 3 in the country, with their only blemish an 11-point loss at Baylor. Up next is a date Sunday in Hartford (4 p.m.) with resurgent UCF (17-2, 6-0).The reality, though, is that this season, despite what the record may indicate, is not like many others. This season is strangely different because it’s almost February and the Huskies still don’t have all their questions answered."

UConn, Samuelson remain ready for anything

They aren't ready for everything.

Without Z, we are on thin ice, the perfect game in South Bend, a fading memory. That doesn't mean the Huskies aren't a good team, just that all the recent bases aren't as routinely covered. Teams with athletic bigs and strong benches can come at us in waves, wearing us down. We need lights-out shooting from Walker, Williams, and Collier, taking the heat off Lou and Danger. And nobody can get hurt.

Reaction Score
I think Geno , CD, Shea and the entire staff will " get us there."

We will be right in the mix at the tournament, with a solid chance to win. But it will not be a safe prediction to claim victory, as it was when Stewie and Moriah were at their peak. It will be similar to the last two years, when a shot at the buzzer determines the outcome. Exciting, though.

But you will bite your nails.

Reaction Score
Without Z, we are on thin ice, the perfect game in South Bend, a fading memory. That doesn't mean the Huskies aren't a good team, just that all the recent bases aren't as routinely covered. Teams with athletic bigs and strong benches can come at us in waves, wearing us down. We need lights-out shooting from Walker, Williams, and Collier, taking the heat off Lou and Danger. And nobody can get hurt.
I think we need shooting from Lou and danger to take pressure off the front court

Reaction Score
Perfect game?? Hardly. CW had a perfect game but the rest of the starting 4??? Pheesa played well but was in foul trouble. Lou had ZERO points at half. We were 45% from the field and 4-17 from 3. ND obviously did not shoot well but we didn’t either and still took care of business. If anything the last 2 years can teach us is there’s no guarantees. This team has as good of a chance as any team to cut down the nets.

Reaction Score
Perfect game?? Hardly. CW had a perfect game but the rest of the starting 4??? Pheesa played well but was in foul trouble. Lou had ZERO points at half. We were 45% from the field and 4-17 from 3. ND obviously did not shoot well but we didn’t either and still took care of business. If anything the last 2 years can teach us is there’s no guarantees. This team has as good of a chance as any team to cut down the nets.
Absolutely dead-on!
I was playing the game on YouTube yesterday during my last period homeroom period and I was reminded of some of your points. Geno hollering at Lou on the bench. She threw up an air ball from the elbow of the free throw line.
I don’t think we’ve played a great game this year. Tons of upside out there. Louisville? Solidify that #1 seed. Got to win 2 games to win it all.
Educate me- Lou’s best game in the last 2 years against top 10 competition? Have we not seen it yet? CD starts dealing in the paint and Lou spots up- that’s the ticket. Get Lou in the corners and even post her up, as opposed to the top, where she slows things down.

Reaction Score
Absolutely dead-on!
I was playing the game on YouTube yesterday during my last period homeroom period and I was reminded of some of your points. Geno hollering at Lou on the bench. She threw up an air ball from the elbow of the free throw line.
I don’t think we’ve played a great game this year. Tons of upside out there. Louisville? Solidify that #1 seed. Got to win 2 games to win it all.
Educate me- Lou’s best game in the last 2 years against top 10 competition? Have we not seen it yet? CD starts dealing in the paint and Lou spots up- that’s the ticket. Get Lou in the corners and even post her up, as opposed to the top, where she slows things down.
Bingo. This team is a long way from their potential while other teams have kind of shown what they have. ND included. Not sure on the point of Lou, didn’t she have a great game at Maryland her Soph season?

Reaction Score
Lou had 20 & 8 last year against Texas & 19pts against S. Carolina in the regular season but when it comes to the biggest stage (tournament) Collier seems to be our player that shines the brightest. MVP of the regional her Soph year. All FF Team last year. We need Lou to step up this year if we want to win it all. I’m confident she can.

Reaction Score
Bingo. This team is a long way from their potential while other teams have kind of shown what they have. ND included. Not sure on the point of Lou, didn’t she have a great game at Maryland her Soph season?
I'm just asking? When Geno had the flu, depicted in the HBO Series? Embarrassed to say that I totally missed that game and I'll watch them on the computer if I have to. Heck, I should have gone to that game. Can't remember what I was doing. Golf tournament? Can't remember.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'm just asking? When Geno had the flu, depicted in the HBO Series? Embarrassed to say that I totally missed that game and I'll watch them on the computer if I have to. Heck, I should have gone to that game. Can't remember what I was doing. Golf tournament? Can't remember.

If memory serves that was Lou's puke bucket game. Lou has a lot of sand; gotta have thefirst half cold streaks, a this year phenomenon, go away. She has a Maya like effect on the rest of the team when she comes out smokin'.

Reaction Score
If memory serves that was Lou's puke bucket game. Lou has a lot of sand; gotta have thefirst half cold streaks, a this year phenomenon, go away. She has a Maya like effect on the rest of the team when she comes out smokin'.
Like a great power hitter in baseball that can carry a team for a week. Even Giancarlo.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Absolutely dead-on!
Last season for Lou.
Notre Dame 18 points 5 rebounds. First game back from foot injury
Texas 19 points and 3 rebounds and a black eye.
South Carolina 20 points and 8 rebounds
Louisville 26 points and 3 rebounds
South Carolina, in NCAA tournament 17 points and 2 rebounds
Notre Dame in NCAA tournament, 16 points and 7 rebounds. On a foot that required. Major surgery less than a week later.

I guess Lou didn't show up for the big games last year.

Reaction Score
Agree, she has the look that when she’s on fire, the rest of our team becomes more confident while Pheesa has a calmness about her that when things aren’t going well, the team can look to her. She always seems to hit the shot when it feels like he momentum is shifting in the wrong direction. They compliment each other so well.

Reaction Score
Last season for Lou.
Notre Dame in NCAA tournament, 16 points and 7 rebounds. On a foot that required. Major surgery less than a week later.

I don’t think he meant she doesn’t step up in big games but we haven’t seen that Lou explosion that we have seen her capable of. The best players seem to take it to another level in the biggest games. We need her to go to another level is what he is saying, I believe.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last season for Lou.

@ochoopsfan you win today's Joe Friday Award

Reaction Score
Last season for Lou.

Love the sarcasm!!! :);) and let's NOT forget AAC Championship game as a Soph... 10 for 10 from 3 and 40 points. Could have had 50, but Geno took her out to spare his buddy Jose a bigger beat down... Maybe not considered a "big game" by some, but to me, any CHAMPIONSHIP game is "big"... just different levels of big.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom