Husky Athletic Fund will be new name for all fundraising operations | The Boneyard

Husky Athletic Fund will be new name for all fundraising operations

Reaction Score
Just sharing:

New Name For Fundraising, Revised Priority Point System Announced

In part:
>>The UConn Division of Athletics, in conjunction with the UConn Foundation, Inc., is excited to announce a new name for its fundraising operation and a revised priority point system to acknowledge its generous donors. The "Husky Athletic Fund" will replace "UConn Athletic Development Fund" and "The UConn Club" as the overarching designation of fundraising efforts for UConn Athletics. The term "Husky" was embedded into the new name to reflect the strength and determination of UConn's beloved mascot and the 650 student-athletes who proudly wear the UConn uniform. <<

>>The revised structure rewards season ticket holders and those that show long-term and consistent generosity to UConn Athletics. The new point system also encourages gifts for annual student-athlete scholarships while still recognizing those that make restricted gifts a specific sport, capital project or endowment.<<

>>In this new point system:

Five points will be awarded for every $100 donated to the Husky Annual Scholarship Fund, which helps fund the education of UConn's student-athletes. In the current 2016-17 academic year, the Division of Athletics paid $16.1 million in scholarship support for its student-athletes.

Five points will be awarded for every $100 in seat donations for football season tickets and courtside season tickets at men's and women's basketball.

Two points will be awarded for every $100 donated for restricted gifts, including those that are sport-specific and for capital projects and endowments.

Two points will be awarded for the purchase of football, men's and women's basketball and men's ice hockey season tickets and one point for men's and women's soccer season ticket purchases. Points are earned only if you have purchased tickets in your name through UConn.

Ten points will be awarded for each year of consecutive giving to the Husky Athletic Fund (with a minimum gift of $100 to qualify) or purchasing season tickets. The first points earned in this category would be awarded in a donor's second year.

100 points will be awarded on a one-time basis to former UConn student-athletes making a donation, starting in 2018-19

50 points will be awarded on a one time basis to all UConn graduates (undergraduate or graduate, any campus) making a donation, starting in 2018-19

Current UConn donors will retain their permanent priority points from previous years and start adding to their total under the new point system.<<

Reaction Score
The biggest thing I took away from the Guide Book is 3D views of seating at the Rent/Gampel/XL online. FINALLY!

Reaction Score
Just called them asking about the consecutive year points for being a UConn donor. They said it's not retroactive and that the current year would be considered year 1 for the consecutive year calculation. Bummed about that. Thought it would start from your first year giving

Reaction Score
Just called them asking about the consecutive year points for being a UConn donor. They said it's not retroactive and that the current year would be considered year 1 for the consecutive year calculation. Bummed about that. Thought it would start from your first year giving

Do existing donors get the 50 points for the first donation by a graduate?

I do think it's a good idea to give points for season ticket purchases.

They really should give some consideration for past giving if they are going to reward consecutive giving years.

Reaction Score
Do existing donors get the 50 points for the first donation by a graduate?

I do think it's a good idea to give points for season ticket purchases.

They really should give some consideration for past giving if they are going to reward consecutive giving years.
Have no idea about the graduate donation question. I hope they would but I could see them not allowing it.

I do agree with you about season ticket purchases. As someone who gets men's, women's and football season tickets, I am very happy with the change there.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
What can you get with the points?

Reaction Score
Can anyone tell me what area would benefit most from the donation? The default is the scholarship fund. Is that the best to give to, or the husky excellence fund or capital improvement? There are so many on the list, it is confusing.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
It's kinda disappointing that you sacrifice priority points if you want to direct your donation to a specific sport though. Could see this hurting basketball-specific donations going forward.

Reaction Score
Page 17 of the online handbook received yesterday, clearly states that priority points, prior to the 2017-2018 season, are frozen and will NOT be used in the calculation for the upcoming season. This sounds like all the years of giving and caring, are not going to count. On Monday I will be calling UCONN for clarification. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I not understanding the process?

Reaction Score
Page 17 of the online handbook received yesterday, clearly states that priority points, prior to the 2017-2018 season, are frozen and will NOT be used in the calculation for the upcoming season. This sounds like all the years of giving and caring, are not going to count. On Monday I will be calling UConn for clarification. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I not understanding the process?

Points are going to be awarded differently you g forward. New points earned will be added to current points. You lose nothing. They are not going to recalculate old points based on new system. New system actually rewards loyalty via years of donating / buying tickets. As a long time season ticket holder who can't donate thousands of dollars I have been asking for this for a long time. Rewards those who stick with the program good or bad.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Page 17 of the online handbook received yesterday, clearly states that priority points, prior to the 2017-2018 season, are frozen and will NOT be used in the calculation for the upcoming season. This sounds like all the years of giving and caring, are not going to count. On Monday I will be calling UConn for clarification. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I not understanding the process?
Everything you've done to date counts, in terms of points, in terms of aid to the school. That's what this is all about right? Those don't go away. They are establishing new criteria going forward to reward consistent giving, season tix, etc. Keep doing whatever you are doing and you'll be rewarded under the new point system too. It's not that hard.

Reaction Score
Just sharing:

New Name For Fundraising, Revised Priority Point System Announced

In part:
>>The UConn Division of Athletics, in conjunction with the UConn Foundation, Inc., is excited to announce a new name for its fundraising operation and a revised priority point system to acknowledge its generous donors. The "Husky Athletic Fund" will replace "UConn Athletic Development Fund" and "The UConn Club" as the overarching designation of fundraising efforts for UConn Athletics. The term "Husky" was embedded into the new name to reflect the strength and determination of UConn's beloved mascot and the 650 student-athletes who proudly wear the UConn uniform. <<

>>The revised structure rewards season ticket holders and those that show long-term and consistent generosity to UConn Athletics. The new point system also encourages gifts for annual student-athlete scholarships while still recognizing those that make restricted gifts a specific sport, capital project or endowment.<<

>>In this new point system:

Five points will be awarded for every $100 donated to the Husky Annual Scholarship Fund, which helps fund the education of UConn's student-athletes. In the current 2016-17 academic year, the Division of Athletics paid $16.1 million in scholarship support for its student-athletes.

Five points will be awarded for every $100 in seat donations for football season tickets and courtside season tickets at men's and women's basketball.

Two points will be awarded for every $100 donated for restricted gifts, including those that are sport-specific and for capital projects and endowments.

Two points will be awarded for the purchase of football, men's and women's basketball and men's ice hockey season tickets and one point for men's and women's soccer season ticket purchases. Points are earned only if you have purchased tickets in your name through UConn.

Ten points will be awarded for each year of consecutive giving to the Husky Athletic Fund (with a minimum gift of $100 to qualify) or purchasing season tickets. The first points earned in this category would be awarded in a donor's second year.

100 points will be awarded on a one-time basis to former UConn student-athletes making a donation, starting in 2018-19

50 points will be awarded on a one time basis to all UConn graduates (undergraduate or graduate, any campus) making a donation, starting in 2018-19

Current UConn donors will retain their permanent priority points from previous years and start adding to their total under the new point system.<<
thank you to all. it was my mistake.

Reaction Score
So does 50,000 points get you a seat by the men's room door?

Reaction Score
Everything you've done to date counts, in terms of points, in terms of aid to the school. That's what this is all about right? Those don't go away. They are establishing new criteria going forward to reward consistent giving, season tix, etc. Keep doing whatever you are doing and you'll be rewarded under the new point system too. It's not that hard.
Thank You CTMIKE. you did clear it up. Keep doing what you have been doing, is the best path.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom