Huskies uniforms | The Boneyard

Huskies uniforms

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Women rocking gray uniforms with Huskies on them tonight. I’m not if they wear these often but I think it’s the first I’ve seen a team with HUSKIES on the uniforms and not UCONN. Not sure I’ve even seen any mercy with just HUSKIES on them. Not sure I feel about it.

Reaction Score
Women rocking gray uniforms with Huskies on them tonight. I’m not if they wear these often but I think it’s the first I’ve seen a team with HUSKIES on the uniforms and not UCONN. Not sure I’ve even seen any mercy with just HUSKIES on them. Not sure I feel about it.

They were first rolled out for the PK80 last year. They've worn them a bunch between last year and this year.

Then the women also rolled out the black uniforms for Notre Dame earlier this year.

The UConn men had similar grey jerseys at the PK80 but they just said UConn. Nike pretty much mailed it in for UConn while every other school got great uniforms that emphasized the school's colors.

The Men have not really gotten great treatment by Nike of recent. For Sunday, it would make a lot of sense for the squad to wear the 99 uniforms, but I've seen nothing to indicate that will happen. Hard to tell if UConn marketing just missed the mark here or Nike was unwilling to make this happen. Have either program ever worn throwbacks?

I also think the grey uniforms in general are boring, but that's just my opinion I know some really like them.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
They were first rolled out for the PK80 last year. They've worn them a bunch between last year and this year.

Then the women also rolled out the black uniforms for Notre Dame earlier this year.

The UConn men had similar grey jerseys at the PK80 but they just said UConn. Nike pretty much mailed it in for UConn.

The Men have not really gotten great treatment by Nike of recent. For Sunday, it would make a lot of sense for the squad to wear the 99 uniforms, but I've seen nothing to indicate that will happen. Hard to tell if UConn marketing just missed the mark here or Nike was unwilling to make this happen.

I actually really like the black uniforms for them (I admittedly typically only watch big games and saw them wear those vs Baylor and ND). Plays into their whole “evil empire” persona.

It makes too much sense to have 99 throwbacks on Sunday but unfortunately as you say, seems unlikely.

Am I wrong in thinking these are the only times we’ve seen Huskies on a uniform?

Reaction Score
I actually really like the black uniforms for them (I admittedly typically only watch big games and saw them wear those vs Baylor and ND). Plays into their whole “evil empire” persona.

It makes too much sense to have 99 throwbacks on Sunday but unfortunately as you say, seems unlikely.

Am I wrong in thinking these are the only times we’ve seen Huskies on a uniform?

The women also wore "Huskies" for:
PK80 last year v. Michigan State (11/25/17)
against UCF this year (1/29/19)

There are more instances but that's what I was able to figure out based on 5 minutes of research.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The women also wore "Huskies" for:
PK80 last year v. Michigan State (11/25/17)
against UCF this year (1/29/19)

There are more instances but that's what I was able to figure out based on 5 minutes of research.
Haha. Don’t hurt yourself! Thanks for the info

Reaction Score
I miss the old husky logo. The “new” husky logo looks like an alien robot or alien dog.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The UConn women wear white at Gampel and grey at the XL and have been doing it for a long time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The UConn women wear white at Gampel and grey at the XL and have been doing it for a long time.
Okay, but as the title of the thread indicates, I was remarking that they said HUSKIES not UCONN which is something I had never seen.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
32D5879D-BA13-49C6-8358-08387098C30E.jpeg

Reaction Score
Okay, but as the title of the thread indicates, I was remarking that they said HUSKIES not UCONN which is something I had never seen.

For baseball that's the norm. Home jerseys usually say the team name (red Sox, orioles, pirates, etc). Away uniform says the city

Reaction Score
I'm all for wild alternative uniforms if we mix in the throwbacks we wore in 2006
Those were great, but the school hates being referred by “Connecticut” now, and I think those have officially been burned after the George Mason game because thats the last time we wore those.

Honestly, thats the last time I remember the team wearing any kind of throwback uniforms.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For baseball that's the norm. Home jerseys usually say the team name (red Sox, orioles, pirates, etc). Away uniform says the city
Yes... but for the love of god this is significant to me because it is the first time I have seen HUSKIES and not UCONN on our uniforms.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Those were great, but the school hates being referred by “Connecticut” now, and I think those have officially been burned after the George Mason game because thats the last time we wore those.

Honestly, thats the last time I remember the team wearing any kind of throwback uniforms.
We’ve gone back to the iconic piping down the side of the 90s/ early 00s. At this point the big difference would be Connecticut vs UConn

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I loved the old school dark blue and white ones that said “Connecticut”.
I'd like them as a throw back alternative uniform.

Reaction Score
I’m still waiting for the day we have this on a UConn Jersey. I think it would be so cool. Not sure what Nike is doing but our jerseys suck compared to other schools. No creativity at all. Our shoes are fire though.
490DFCB9-454B-4799-9B19-E466A4247ABF.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom