Huskies or Ted's? | The Boneyard

Huskies or Ted's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Never liked Huskies a bit. I don't know why. It gave me the same feeling as being at Thumpers on nickle night.

Reaction Score
Ted's was cool when it wasn't so packed that you literally couldn't move. Thirsty was nicer imo.

Reaction Score
I'm dating myself here. There was no Thirty's when I attended and I used to tend bar at Thumper's on nickel night, the best job I ever had. Would walk out with close to $500 on those nights, mainly because we wouldn't serve anyone unless they waved a dollar bill, "Thanks for the tip." There were no nickel drinks.

Reaction Score
I only ever went to Huskies on Thursdays. Ted's on Wednesdays for karaoke was always fun. I spent most of my weekends at Celeron or Willy Oaks.

Reaction Score
Whichever had the shorter line. On most nights I would end up at both at some point in time. But always at Ted's Giant Grinders for a whole double cheeseburger grinder after last call.

Reaction Score
I've never heard of thirstys or thumpers. I am assuming one of those used to be the civic pub? Did co jones become tequila cove? The sketchiest place when I was there by far was husky blues...

Reaction Score
Does anybody here remember A's? Formal name of A's & I's.......

B

bob f'n barker

When I was a student I went to Husky Blues as a Freshmen(never checked for ID's). After that closed I went to The Civic Pub more then either Huskies or Teds. Now when I go up for games I go to Ted's.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The sketchiest place when I was there by far was husky blues...

I met the guy who opened Husky Blues right after it opened (he was part of the trio that opened Ted's way back in the day). Real nice guy. HB became the opposite of what he imagined it would be when he opened it. He wanted a dinner club with live entertainment. It became a cave filled with scary looking creatures milling about in the darkness (insert beer-goggle joke here). HB had a very impressive wine list and great food at first. Real shame.

Reaction Score
Ted's. I'd rather just hang out with friends and talk then get violently ground up on by a million random girls (and unfortunately guys). Huskies is just packed on any of the good nights.

Reaction Score
Ted's was cool when it wasn't so packed that you literally couldn't move. Thirsty was nicer imo.

I went to Thirsty's with a couple of friends before the Providence game last year. We were laughing about how that place was considered the "classy" bar of the nightlife district. The place is a dump.

But still 5x nicer than Huskies or Teds.

Reaction Score
Thirsty's is by far the best on Thursdays and weekends. Ted's is good to pregame or go to during the weekend.

I never went to Huskies after I turned 21.

Reaction Score
what was Thirsty's before? never heard of it and it wasn't on campus when i was there.

when i was there, Huskies was the spot if you were an athlete and wanted a tagger along chick to go home with. Ted's was the spot if you just wanted to have a beer and hang out with your boys.

Reaction Score
Thirsty's was formerly known as Civic Pub. And apparently Civic Pub was formerly known as Thumper's.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ahh..so Thirty's is the old Thumpers, and was Civic Pub. It was just Ted's, Huskies or Thumpers (sometimes Margaritaville) in my day (84-88). Huskies was good on certain themed nights, I think Wednesday was New Wave night (lots of girls) and Tuesday was Reggae night. Ted's better Friday and Saturday. Everything was good on Thursday, including the dorms. Thumpers was kind of pointless except for nickel night.

Civic Pub in Hartford, was UConn west in the summer. I'd see all the same faces I saw at Ted's and Huskies all year. Then they stupidly closed it and evidently opened one in the old Thumpers, since the brand had a good following. How do people get to Thirsty's? Few people had cars in my day.

Reaction Score
Ahh..so Thirty's is the old Thumpers, and was Civic Pub. It was just Ted's, Huskies or Thumpers (sometimes Margaritaville) in my day (84-88). Huskies was good on certain themed nights, I think Wednesday was New Wave night (lots of girls) and Tuesday was Reggae night. Ted's better Friday and Saturday. Everything was good on Thursday, including the dorms. Thumpers was kind of pointless except for nickel night.

Civic Pub in Hartford, was UConn west in the summer. I'd see all the same faces I saw at Ted's and Huskies all year. Then they stupidly closed it and evidently opened one in the old Thumpers, since the brand had a good following. How do people get to Thirsty's? Few people had cars in my day.

walk? thirstys is right in back of teds and huskies. Co Jones/tequlia cove was great because there was never a cover and had great thursday night drink prices and also had a laid back crowd. Teds was pretty cool. Thirstys was usually always really packed. Went to Huskies once or twice but if u werent in a frat or sorority it wasnt really that enjoyable although a ton of girls. If you had a car, bidwell tavern was great and of course Willimantic Brewery

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's amazing that Huskie's is still there. Been there for at least 50-60 years, although it has been completely changed on the interior. If you want to know what being dated is, Mansfield was a "dry" town at least through the 1960's when I was there, so no beer, wine or liquor at any of the local restaurants. It was into Willi or Coventry for a brew. I'd guess Huskie's has changed hands over the years, but I don't know, and the name has stayed the same.

Reaction Score
I will say in Huskies defense you can't beat nickle night.. or as we called it "blackout Thursday"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom