Huskies have March Majic on their side from NCAA.com | The Boneyard

Huskies have March Majic on their side from NCAA.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Nice article for the most part, but I have a couple bones to pick with it:

1.) "Next, the national semifinals in 2004, and Duke again. The Blue Devils have an eight-point lead inside of four minutes left. In the bag, right? Duke doesn’t blow leads in the Final Four. Wrong. Connecticut reels off 11 points in a row."

I'm quite certain it was actually 12 points in a row. Okafor's free throw put us up by 4 before Duhon's meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer cut the final margin to 1.

2.) "Now it’s 2011, and Connecticut has nine losses going into the Big East tournament, the presumption being its only chance to get into the NCAA tournament is to win the Big East tournament."

This must be some kind of bizarre revisionist history. First, we weren't anywhere near the bubble when the 2011 Big East Tournament began. But the article isn't saying we were merely on the bubble; it's saying we were in an auto-bid-or-bust situation, which is absolutely ludicrous. Does the author honestly think we would have been left out of the NCAA field if we'd lost the Big East final to Louisville, but the committee let us in and gave us a #3 seed(!) because we won that game? Come on.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
March Majic - is he that Latvian kid the Spurs are thinking about drafting?

Jimbo, correct on both counts. It was 75-67. Final score 79-78. And we weren't on the bubble in 2011 but we were drowning and a first round exit would have given us an awful seed and a likely first round exit in the NCAA Tourny.

Reaction Score
Weird but it felt like that article was for outsiders.

We all here know that March is an alarm clock setting in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Nice article for the most part, but I have a couple bones to pick with it:

1.) "Next, the national semifinals in 2004, and Duke again. The Blue Devils have an eight-point lead inside of four minutes left. In the bag, right? Duke doesn’t blow leads in the Final Four. Wrong. Connecticut reels off 11 points in a row."

I'm quite certain it was actually 12 points in a row. Okafor's free throw put us up by 4 before Duhon's meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer cut the final margin to 1.
Actually I think it was 8 points inside of 3 minutes. 2:50 to be exact, I think. Then Rashad immediately hits the 3 and it's 5 and then Okafor went beast mode and the comeback was on.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
2.) "Now it’s 2011, and Connecticut has nine losses going into the Big East tournament, the presumption being its only chance to get into the NCAA tournament is to win the Big East tournament."

This must be some kind of bizarre revisionist history. First, we weren't anywhere near the bubble when the 2011 Big East Tournament began. But the article isn't saying we were merely on the bubble; it's saying we were in an auto-bid-or-bust situation, which is absolutely ludicrous. Does the author honestly think we would have been left out of the NCAA field if we'd lost the Big East final to Louisville, but the committee let us in and gave us a #3 seed(!) because we won that game? Come on.

It just makes the article seem that much better...there was no shot that team was ever on the bubble heading into the BET. Our run shot us up big time in terms of seeding but never had any effect on getting us into the field - we were a lock!

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Actually I think it was 8 points inside of 3 minutes. 2:50 to be exact, I think. Then Rashad immediately hits the 3 and it's 5 and then Okafor went beast mode and the comeback was on.
Luol ( you can't spell luol without "lol") Deng deserves kudos too. If he didn't keep jacking contested shots 5 seconds into shot clock down the stretch it might've been tougher. ( but we still bury those punks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom