Huskies Have Great Final Full Day in Rome | The Boneyard

Huskies Have Great Final Full Day in Rome

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ROME - The UConn women’s basketball team’s final full day in Rome was another busy and enjoyable one, featuring the return of Kia Nurse, a walking tour of some famous attractions and another victory over the Dutch National Team.

UConn will arrive in Florence late Wednesday night but will make a stop in Siena during the day to take in the famous Palio di Siena horserace.

[story]

Last edited by a moderator:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
ROME - The UConn women’s basketball team’s final full day in Rome was another busy and enjoyable one, featuring the return of Kia Nurse, a walking tour of some famous attractions and another victory over the Dutch National Team.

UConn will arrive in Florence late Wednesday night but will make a stop in Siena during the day to take in the famous Palio di Siena horserace.

[story]

What a treat! The timing worked out perfectly!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
How many games did they play? Just 2? For some reason I thought it was going to be quite a it more...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The Trevi Fountain sort of reminds me of the crowd around Old faith in Yellowstone Park (discounting the cop with the automatic/semi rifle in the background). Glad he's there. God bless the energy of the young!

Reaction Score
Only 9 Huskies in the picture?? Time for more paranoid speculation to commence!

Reaction Score
Wringing hands---where are they? Bad people everywhere! Whoe is me. Whoe is the NC--the NC that's what's important and only second to not losing any games--whoe , whoe, whoe.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Wringing hands---where are they? Bad people everywhere! Whoe is me. Whoe is the NC--the NC that's what's important and only second to not losing any games--whoe , whoe, whoe.
They're going to see a horse race next so, "Whoa."

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Is it Gee or Haw for a right turn??
Racehorses only turn left...except in Europe. Let me know if you want those eggs Benedict with Hollandaise, Broadway. I'm buying but you have to come to San Diego to collect.

Reaction Score
Here are the 13 players ...

DHXZBhNUMAAVlcy.jpg:large

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that's just at the south end of the Ponte Vecchio, if they're in Florence already. If still in Rome, I dunno.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that's just at the south end of the Ponte Vecchio, if they're in Florence already. If still in Rome, I dunno.

Looks like it could be at the Palio in Sienna based on those flags.........one of my favorite places........nothing like watching amateur jockeys ride horses through a square with banked curves............of course I'm more concerned for the safety of the horses then the nutty guys riding them............

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Hail, hail the gang is ALL here. Finally a picture of the ENTIRE team. Hope they are enjoying their first road trip of the 2017-2018 year. Judging from the smiles, I'd say they were. If you're one of the freshmen, you've got to be thinking "what a wonderful way to begin my career at UConn. A free trip to Rome, see the major tourist attractions, and eat at some of the finest restaurants in the city. This is an unparalleled opportunity to bond with my teammates". This picture would make a wonderful screen saver or wallpaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Racehorses only turn left...except in Europe. Let me know if you want those eggs Benedict with Hollandaise, Broadway. I'm buying but you have to come to San Diego to collect.
Can I send my daughter and her Family, they live between you and LA--she graduated from SD State. Thanks for the invite. We do toddle , old people toddle, towards your area--I'd sure like to see the UCLA/UC game that way--just to see the turnout for KLS.

Reaction Score

Am I just biased --or are these NOT the greatest looking kids EVER.
I am so pleased the KLS-Precious are always side by side--great buddies. Touly and Z seem to have the same.
Thanks Kaizen!! You sure do pull up some great pix. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Looks like it could be at the Palio in Sienna based on those flags....one of my favorite places...nothing like watching amateur jockeys ride horses through a square with banked curves..of course I'm more concerned for the safety of the horses then the nutty guys riding them..

My wife and I had one of the best meals of our lives in Siena. The trip looks just wonderful, as do our Huskies. When Kia returned, a light went on; it always makes me happy to see that smart, happy face. Northern Italy is fabulous. Hope the women have fun and enjoy the Mona Lisa--and come back safe and sound.

Reaction Score
Is it Gee or Haw for a right turn??
I learned "Turn right" and Turn left" in Italian from the female GPS voice of an Audi A6 diesel in Bologna ("Svoltare a destra" & "Svoltare a sinistra" over and over again til I was saying it in my sleep)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
. . . Hope the women have fun and enjoy the Mona Lisa . . .

I'm afraid they would have to go to the Louvre in Paris to see the Mona Lisa.

But there is an abundance of famous art, both painting and sculpture, to be seen in Florence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom