Huskies Family Reunion | The Boneyard

Huskies Family Reunion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I looking forward to the reunion this afternoon. HCBD has invited all former players to spend the day attending meetings, watching practice, sitting down at the team meal, and attending a social hour. We were instructed to wear athletic gear. They better make sure the 1st thing we do is sign a medical waiver. IT SHOULD BE A BLAST!!!

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I looking forward to the reunion this afternoon. HCBD has invited all former players to spend the day attending meetings, watching practice, sitting down at the team meal, and attending a social hour. We were instructed to wear athletic gear. They better make sure the 1st thing we do is sign a medical waiver. IT SHOULD BE A BLAST!!!
Let us know what you thought of practice and the event in general. It's great to see that we're working to better engage our alums.

Reaction Score
@BobbyPuyol: S/O to all the #UConnFootball alums that came to practice! It was a great honor to hear from guys that played all the way back since the 50s
After attending the “Family Reunion” yesterday, I decided to reflect on what I saw before I wrote anything about it. For some perspective, keep in mind that since the new training facility has been built I’ve usually attended one spring practice each season. For those of you expecting me to say that what I saw on the field yesterday was vastly improved from last year, to my untrained eyes, it wasn’t (remember it was not full contact - although the running backs as a group were very impressive). However, what I did see was plenty of POSITIVES. ATTENTION TO DETAIL – ENTHUSIASIM - PASSION – HARD WORK – In everything we saw, there was great attention to detail – time segments for each part of practice were precise – what they ate at the training was monitored as well the vitamins they had to take. The motivational speeches in each grouping (offensive line , special teams, etc. was great). I was able to attend the group meeting with coach Foley. What I saw was a great teacher who went over the previous day’s practice film, with a keen eye, with the ability to offer constructive criticism in a manner that was motivational. It was also very encouraging to see how many players stayed after practice to put a few more reps in. In talking to current players the main topic was always how enthusiastic the whole coaching staff was. And they said it was contagious. Every player on the team from starters to those who will never see the field, feel like they are an important part of the team. This even carried over to a manager that I had a conversation with after the team dinner. He indicated how much better team attitude was. But from what I saw, this team will give everyone a lot to cheer about this season. The consensus among the former players was that UConn hit back to back home runs – Manual hiring Diaco – Diaco hiring this staff. Looking forward to next week's Blue/White game - GO HUSKIES

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
DOQ7L.gif

I'm seriously pumped!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics