Huskies Bar, Can't Make This Up: | The Boneyard

Huskies Bar, Can't Make This Up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Good - if they want to see the game - get on the fluckin bus to E Hartford!

http://collegead.com/students-college-football-needs/

I agree with this 100% so this next comment is besides the point, but:

The bar is located on the campus of the University of Connecticut. It's called Huskies. And they won't be showing the UConn game because there is a pre-season Patriots/Giants football game on TV. Pretty much sums up the CR woes in a nutshell.

Reaction Score
I agree with this 100% so this next comment is besides the point, but:

The bar is located on the campus of the University of Connecticut. It's called Huskies. And they won't be showing the UConn game because there is a pre-season Patriots/Giants football game on TV. Pretty much sums up the CR woes in a nutshell.

I know where it is...

Just checking though - do they even get SNY?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I know where it is...

Just checking though - do they even get SNY?

Wasn't talking about you specifically I was just speaking in general about the perception of it.

As far as SNY availability is concerned, now that is an interesting question, and one with which I do not know the answer to. Kinda crazy though that UConn could potentially not even get their own games on TV on their campus

Reaction Score
I know cable for on campus housing does have SNY. If they have xfinity, I'd assume they would have a sports package, considering it's a bar and all. Either way, what a disgrace

Reaction Score
I have to use the ESPN app on Xbox Live to catch games (like tonight). Works well, but there is a black out every so often.

Reaction Score
It's a disgrace, yes, but the bar is serving the demands of the patrons. What's truly disgraceful is that the program has fallen so hard performance-wise that this is the case. Don't get mad at the bar or the fans, get mad at the AD who hired Pasqualoni, PP himself and now Diaco.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This makes me irrationally angry.

I recall my freshman year (I think) we played at Georgia Tech and the game wasn't shown at UConn. Imagine that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I listed to that GT on the radio in my car because it was the only place I could get a decent WTIC 1080 signal. Calvin Johnson was on GT and we lost by 100. Maybe 1,000. I filled my car up with gas and just drove around the state to listen to that game. Good times.

Reaction Score
Wasn't talking about you specifically I was just speaking in general about the perception of it.

As far as SNY availability is concerned, now that is an interesting question, and one with which I do not know the answer to. Kinda crazy though that UConn could potentially not even get their own games on TV on their campus

When I was at UConn during my Freshman year (2002) at least half of our games weren't on TV. The next year in 2003 it was the same deal. I remember listening to WTIC for the NC State game.

I can't speak to whether or not SNY is available in Storrs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom