Huskies 50-1 to win it all....* | The Boneyard

Huskies 50-1 to win it all....*

Reaction Score
Circa is a good book. This year they took odds on NOT to win the National Championship. Obviously with only one winner the odds were interesting.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Oh NIT. When I read the title I thought it was NCAA. Right about now it should be 50-1 to get into the NIT

Reaction Score
If we can actually get in the NIT, I could see us winning it.

Reaction Score
I bet the sentiment of most fans now is we don’t make the NIT. Ever see a team’s prospects drop so much and so early in a 2 week period? Carlton should be getting pissed with the attitude that he’s going to pull us back into the mix. Feed him some raw meat, it’s time for him to quit being soft. In fact we need some emotion and anger from all of the players. Blank the NIT.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Winning the NIT is what started this program on it's positive trajectory. Getting to the final last year really helped the current Wichita State squad.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the only qualification for the NIT is a winning record. That is definitely doable. With a winning record and our brand name, we will definitely get an NIT bid (assuming we don't make the NCAA)

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the only qualification for the NIT is a winning record. That is definitely doable. With a winning record and our brand name, we will definitely get an NIT bid (assuming we don't make the NCAA)
Maybe the old NIT, I think now with the auto bids and metrics you need to earn an NIT bid. If we finish below .500 in AAC don't see an NIT bid and we won't deserve one. If we don't get to 19 or 20 wins then forget the NIT, we only have 4 wins that are even remotely meaningful (Fla, Miami, Buffalo & Iona). So lets get going boys.

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
My book has UCONN 150-1 to win the NCAA tourney - that seems to be the largest price they will offer (all other schools go into a "field" bet). I have no option to bet the NIT, and I doubt I would unless it was right before the tourney started.

I hit UCONN at 75-1 for $25 the last time they won it all. Placed the bet BEFORE the conference tourney.

I have become very good at finding good prices on teams to win the NCAA tourney, especially as soon as the prices go up, which is usually a month after the championship from the previous year. Last year, I bet Virginia at 20-1 over the summer, and BINGO! This year, I pounced on Maryland at 60-1 and Seton Hall at 75-1. They are now 12-1 and 30-1, respectively. I also have Kansas at 9-1, but that price has remained.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I must say I have never bet an NIT game. It's like the NBA on any given night - you never know who wants to win, or who's going to play/sit, or who cares at all.

NIT futures, however, may be the craziest thing ever to bet.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Circa is a good book. This year they took odds on NOT to win the National Championship. Obviously with only one winner the odds were interesting.

Only an insane person would lay those odds. What were the prices for some of the favorites NOT to win it all?

Reaction Score
I must say I have never bet an NIT game. It's like the NBA on any given night - you never know who wants to win, or who's going to play/sit, or who cares at all.

NIT futures, however, may be the craziest thing ever to bet.
I agree that betting NIT futures is the craziest thing ever to bet, BUT I am all about jumping all over it. I am flying out to Vegas tomorrow and will be on the hunt for them.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I agree that betting NIT futures is the craziest thing ever to bet, BUT I am all about jumping all over it. I am flying out to Vegas tomorrow and will be on the hunt for them.
NIT futures are for sickos! Nice to see there's at least one fellow degenerate out here. Have fun in Vegas!

Reaction Score
My book has UCONN 150-1 to win the NCAA tourney - that seems to be the largest price they will offer (all other schools go into a "field" bet). I have no option to bet the NIT, and I doubt I would unless it was right before the tourney started.

I hit UCONN at 75-1 for $25 the last time they won it all. Placed the bet BEFORE the conference tourney.

I have become very good at finding good prices on teams to win the NCAA tourney, especially as soon as the prices go up, which is usually a month after the championship from the previous year. Last year, I bet Virginia at 20-1 over the summer, and BINGO! This year, I pounced on Maryland at 60-1 and Seton Hall at 75-1. They are now 12-1 and 30-1, respectively. I also have Kansas at 9-1, but that price has remained.
Dayton was 1000/1 to start the season.

Reaction Score
Wow! I noticed they dropped from around 50/60-1 to around 25/30-1 recently.
Yeah @ Westgate before the season. Plus another book. Down to 25/1. I am sure no one bought at 1000/1. If they did they could flip it on prop swap now for 5g's. Last year the guy who had Texas Tech @ 200/1 had an offer before the Final 4 of over 100k on prop swap. Dez Bryant was the potential buyer. Tough way to lose as he did not sell but had another 20k bet on TT. He was a regular player at Westgate and from Cali.

Reaction Score
I would be utterly ecstatic about an NIT title
I just can't get excited about the NIT. I am usually that guy in crowd yelling at everyone to stand up during a run against Southwest Eastern State in the regular season, but somehow it feels totally anticlimactic to be playing in the NIT, win or lose.

That being said, although I might not be cheering out loud, I would be extremely satisfied an NIT title for this group. I'd prefer a first round NCAA ouster, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom