OT: - Hurricane Check-in | The Boneyard

OT: Hurricane Check-in

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Davidinnaples: "As of 2:08 Trees down, lots of wind, but safe and dry." Been keeping in touch all morning. His garage is filled with supplies and he is in a place that was recently built with the best hurricane standards but still worried. Hopefully I will not have to respond to this post unless something goes tragically wrong. Please keep positive thoughts about him and everyone else in the path of Irma.Thank you. --------------------- Update. David just got in touch with me about an hour ago. This is Tuesday morning at 6:30. "Suddenly have phone service. No power yet. Soffit and flashing damage to my unit. Water leakage but no major issue. Street a mess.."-------------------------updating again. David got power back on Thursday night at 9 o'clock.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a brother on the East Coast and have concentrated attention there. Potential storm surge for Naples:

"North of the Everglades lies Naples, an upscale town of about 22,000 that is also the home of the Florida governor.

The hurricane center's storm surge maps, showing deep inundation for Naples, worried Colorado State University hurricane researcher Phil Klotzbach.

"Look at Naples, the entire town of Naples is underwater," Klotzbach said. "That is horrible. God that looks awful."

Governor warns Irma's storm surge 'will cover your house'

May you and yours be safe David.

JS

Reaction Score
The other hurricane thread was starting to get a tad political, such posts no longer showing.

Would like to know that all Boneyarders and their friends and families are safe, so pinning this thread with a more generic title.

Billnaples? You OK? Naples looks like ground zero, and I assume you got the hell out of there.

JS

Reaction Score
Even Floridian bellicosity seems to have taken a back seat to the storm.

Headline in USA Today:

Uncertainty as Irma sees more
than 10,000 fights cancelled

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Be safe, Dave.
My wife, son and I still talk about how kind you were to all of us in Estero. You and Danny also made impressions in the Germain (shelter) Arena.

Reaction Score
Even Floridian bellicosity seems to have taken a back seat to the storm.

Headline in USA Today:

Uncertainty as Irma sees more
than 10,000 fights cancelled

Not sure what you mean unless you're talking BB fans only.
People down here are the friendliest and most respectful I've ever encountered.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
BTW the hockey arena near Ft. Myers... which was/is the site with 5,000 folks in it for shelter is the same place
where the UConn women played 3 games about 2 years ago in November around Thanksgiving....I believe quite a gaggle
of Boneyarders attended.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Was able to get thru to the family this morning. Great news! All came thru okay.
They got lucky when Irma took a jog and the eye went east of them
They even have electricity back now. No internet and stuff, but they, dog, and home came thru okay.
Thanks to all for the good thought and prayers. Much appreciated!!

Rocky - all okay with your fam?
Anybody heard from David?
Hope all is well for all concerned!

Thanks, everyone!!!

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
BTW the hockey arena near Ft. Myers... which was/is the site with 5,000 folks in it for shelter is the same place
where the UConn women played 3 games about 2 years ago in November around Thanksgiving....I believe quite a gaggle
of Boneyarders attended.
Yes. The Germain Arena was the site of the tourney. It was featured prominently on some news channels. It was freezing in there to watch the game. I can't imagine how cold it must have been sitting on the bench.

Reaction Score
Fort Pierce checking in. We initially evacuated west, then headed north when the storm changed direction. Stayed in Lake City for two days and I believe conditions there were actually worse than home turned out to be. We got home yesterday and found no damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I was born and bred in South Florida and slept through many hurricanes. But this one sounded like the Mother of all Storms, and when I heard it would make landfall at Naples I thought of David. Great to hear that he's safe and sound. Thanks, Danny. Get that computer up and running, David, the Season is nigh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom