Hurley's Recruiting Pitch | The Boneyard

Hurley's Recruiting Pitch

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
McD HS AA? Come for a year, win a chip, and go Top 5.
High HS Recruit? Two years, two chips and Top 10.
Mid-major transfer- Two years, be an AA, win two chips, get drafted.
Grad Transfer- Play a year, win a chip, get drafted.

No matter what type of recruit you are, the staff has a plan for you to succeed at UConn, improve, and get to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Danny “ look at Kyle Filipowski. He chose Duke as a 5* one and done, came back for a second season and still couldn’t crack the 1st round.“

edit: did anyone see the report of Kyle no longer in touch with his family.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Danny “ look at Kyle Filipowski. He chose Duke as a 5* one and done, came back for a second season and still couldn’t crack the 1st round.“

edit: did anyone see the report of Kyle no longer in touch with his family.

Yeah, rumors of his ex-babysitter (now GF) grooming him. Apparently she was 26 when they started dating when he was in high school. Some religious stuff included that I’m not about to parse.

Reaction Score
Here are the builds that Hurley has sent to the NBA in the last 4 years
  1. James Bouknight - lottery - scoring guard - sophomore
  2. Tyrese Martin - 2nd round - athletic wing - senior
  3. Jordan Hawkins - lottery - sharpshooter - sophomore
  4. Andre Jackson - playmaking defending wing - 2nd round - junior
  5. Adama Sanogo - low post bruiser - junior - 2 way deal
  6. Stephon Castle - lockdown perimeter defender - lottery - freshman
  7. Donovan Clingan - rim running rim protector - lottery - sophomore
  8. Tristen Newton - do it all G - 2nd round - super senior
  9. Cam Spencer - sharpshooter - 2nd round - super senior
Buy in, put in the work, and you can expect a lot of winning.

Reaction Score
Yeah, rumors of his ex-babysitter (now GF) grooming him. Apparently she was 26 when they started dating when he was in high school. Some religious stuff included that I’m not about to parse.
Yeah and why I didn’t state the reason. It is head scratching though that he fell out of the 1st round but others fell also

Reaction Score
McD HS AA? Come for a year, win a chip, and go Top 5.
High HS Recruit? Two years, two chips and Top 10.
Mid-major transfer- Two years, be an AA, win two chips, get drafted.
Grad Transfer- Play a year, win a chip, get drafted.

No matter what type of recruit you are, the staff has a plan for you to succeed at UConn, improve, and get to the NBA.
I can’t remember a more satisfying season. 37-3, crush everyone in tournament again, 4 guys drafted, Danny rejecting KY and LA to come back and now getting national attention as the college basketball factory where 5* are clamoring to hop on the UConn Express train.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember a more satisfying season. 37-3, crush everyone in tournament again, 4 guys drafted, Danny rejecting KY and LA to come back and now getting national attention as the college basketball factory where 5* are clamoring to hop on the UConn Express train.
We’re having a moment aren’t we? I sound old for saying this and yes I am old but I remember going crazy when we got Donyell and Khalid those major 5 stars and with what Hurley has done here we should be in the hunt for major talent going forward.
I was really shocked when that didn’t pan out under KO even though his classes had good rankings and I thought they would have been clamoring back then.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Here are the builds that Hurley has sent to the NBA in the last 4 years
  1. James Bouknight - lottery - scoring guard - sophomore
  2. Tyrese Martin - 2nd round - athletic wing - senior
  3. Jordan Hawkins - lottery - sharpshooter - sophomore
  4. Andre Jackson - playmaking defending wing - 2nd round - junior
  5. Adama Sanogo - low post bruiser - junior - 2 way deal
  6. Stephon Castle - lockdown perimeter defender - lottery - freshman
  7. Donovan Clingan - rim running rim protector - lottery - sophomore
  8. Tristen Newton - do it all G - 2nd round - super senior
  9. Cam Spencer - sharpshooter - 2nd round - super senior
Buy in, put in the work, and you can expect a lot of winning.
I'm probably gonna catch flak for this, but methinks DH can just skip over Bouknight. We're no longer recruiting Bouknights.

Reaction Score
Additionally, one recruiting thing that some coaches will prob try & use against us is the how someone like Castle didn’t get to show his full “bag”.

Spurs GM really dispelled that. There’s a value placed on being coached hard, sacrificing for the greater good & winning

Reaction Score
Im not sure I’ve seen a coach in a more marketable position than Hurley is right now. In a landscape that’s lost so many legends recently, he stands out as the crowned jewel of coaches for 50 different reasons. I would think he has his choice of the litter at this point, with the exception of the kid that is only NIL chasing, of which we want no part of anyway. Times are good. This program has been blessed.

Reaction Score
Im not sure I’ve seen a coach in a more marketable position than Hurley is right now. In a landscape that’s lost so many legends recently, he stands out as the crowned jewel of coaches for 50 different reasons. I would think he has his choice of the litter at this point, with the exception of the kid that is only NIL chasing, of which we want no part of anyway. Times are good. This program has been blessed.
Women’s college basketball markets their star players because they typically stay for 4 years and can gain a large fan following. Coaches are the marketable stars in men’s college basketball, because the star players typically jump to the NBA draft as they hit stardom. Edey was one of the exceptions to the rule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom