Hurley was a young Calhoun tonight | The Boneyard

Hurley was a young Calhoun tonight

Reaction Score
Fired them up at halftime, rode the refs, rode his players but at the same time encouraging them to be confident, wholesale subs after lackluster play etc.

Sign of a good team- Got nothing out of guys we depend on Adams and Bouknight and outside of a few minutes Vital had a rough night and we still ran Iona off the court...

Great games from Josh and Polley and the best news is Alterique is really figuring out how to run this team and his defense has been pretty awesome.

Still need to use Akok and Bouknight more on offense. I love them catching it in the middle near the foul line. Polley's shooting is a weapon, he's really expanded how he can knock down threes.

Still a lot of work to do but we have a lot of pieces. The more we figure it out the better we'll get. They have a chance to be a really good team, IMO.

Reaction Score
Sign of a good team- Got nothing out of guys we depend on Adams and Bouknight and outside of a few minutes Vital had a rough night and we still ran Iona off the court...

16 and 9 with relatively efficient shooting is a rough night? i know he took some bad shots and turned the ball over once or twice, but that was a good christian game.

hurley said at the beginning of the season that ag, cv, and josh were his "big three." that was definitely the case tonight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They need to get Akok the ball on offense and play Bouknight with other scorers. He’s immediately doubled when he’s in with the gang that can’t shoot. His days of sneaking up on teams are over. It’s going to get harder for him as teams start to key on him. He can create one on one or finish a pass, but he’s not James Harden vs double teams.

I love that this team is finding ways to win. One game the bench kicks butt, another the starters dominate. That’s the hallmark of a team that plays as a team. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
16 and 9 with relatively efficient shooting is a rough night? i know he took some bad shots and turned the ball over once or twice, but that was a good christian game.

hurley said at the beginning of the season that ag, cv, and josh were his "big three." that was definitely the case tonight.
He always rebounds just don't think the stats tell the story tonight. I think there was a little of him trying to show out in front of his friend.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Don’t bother engaging. Every game Vital has is a “rough night” nowadays.

Reaction Score
CV drives me nuts and he had his usual bad shots but I wouldn't say he "had a rough night" especially for him. If I can get this CV , JC and AG every game for the rest of the season I think we make the tournament.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone could say CV had a bad game. Sorry he didn’t hit every shot? On two of his misses he got hammered and no call. Another miss was a semi-desperation three to end the half (granted he put himself in that position). I was semi-worried he’d get too into personal battles given all the connections he and the rest of the team had to guys on Iona but he played a good tough game including boards and defense.

Reaction Score
Not sure how anyone could say CV had a bad game. Sorry he didn’t hit every shot? On two of his misses he got hammered and no call. Another miss was a semi-desperation three to end the half (granted he put himself in that position). I was semi-worried he’d get too into personal battles given all the connections he and the rest of the team had to guys on Iona but he played a good tough game including boards and defense.

He had a pretty good night. What I really didn’t like was the few times he did hero ball was during their runs in the first half and the 2nd half. ThatS probably why some are down on him cause those bad shots stood out. But his three point play in 2nd half stopped the bleeding when they got it to 10.

C

Chief00

I think there was a little of him trying to show out in front of his friend.
Vital will always have that element in his make-up. How he channels it is key and can have cross currents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom