Hurley Villanova post game presser | The Boneyard

Hurley Villanova post game presser

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Reporters need to ask better questions. Why is no one asking what was our offensive game plan when they switched to zone? He had to know it was coming. Why is no one asking how we plan to get better looks?

Reaction Score
Not worried. Team had 2 awful showings to start off December but they came back home and got to work and gave us 3 straight strong showings. They continue to improve and I feel like we can take any AAC team to the wire. We’re a dangerous team. Inches away from being 14-3/15-2 right now. But we’re 10-7 and 2nd to last in the AAC. I trust that next year we’re gonna be at that 14-3 point

Reaction Score
Good points but those games weren’t flukes they ended the way they were supposed to end with UConn losing they just aren’t that good right now.

Reaction Score
I respect Hurley and what he has to say. I hope he's right about the process and building winning again.

If he's right and has a plan we'll be a top 15 team in 2 years....if we see this crap in 2 years he'll be on thin ice.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
He stopped short of saying their wasn't Uconn talent here..The future is very bright, K.O. put them in a huge hole, more thankful every day for Dave Benedict..The Big East will enable them to be a consistent top 10 program..

Reaction Score
55 points will almost never get it done. I did see one double screen today. But we do an awful job of getting guys open. 55 points is what we deserved today.

The one thing that is really frustrating to watch, when the game speeds up and opens up, we don't take advantage, we throw the ball all over the place, run into charges and trouble and don't get quality shots. This team has real trouble playing fast. It's where they should shine but instead we make mistake after mistake.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
13% shooting from 3 was what did us in today. When that percentage improves, as long as we consistently play with toughness and intelligence on both sides, we will win some of these games. The free throw line wasn't a factor today, but obviously that needs to improve as well. We are close, and trending in the right direction, but not there yet.

Reaction Score
To be fair what also killed us was that white shooter on nova who pushed off on the defender almost everytime with no call as he was draining shots in our face.
Blaming them for making 3’s while we couldn’t isn’t good. If that was the case then maybe we shoulda done some pushing off. The sad truth is that we wouldn’t have made the shots that way either.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Somebody on this team needs to be able to read in game situations he it AG, Hurley or someone else. When you are about to snuff them out by pounding it inside, why in the world would you start jacking up 3's when you are 1 for 10?

At the 8 minute mark, DH should have made it clear that anyone taking a contested or hero 3 sits for the rest of the game. They entire world knew that was going to happen.

Reaction Score
Blaming them for making 3’s while we couldn’t isn’t good. If that was the case then maybe we shoulda done some pushing off. The sad truth is that we wouldn’t have made the shots that way either.
I'm not sure you read what I wrote because your response is a bit knee-jerky.
I said what ALSO killed us...which means in addition to other problems outlined within this thread

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom