Hurley Transfers | The Boneyard

Hurley Transfers

Reaction Score
Any players that Hurley might try to bring with him from URI--recruiting or from his roster?

For recruits I'm seeing:

Jermaine Harris 6'8-9" 220lb PF. 4* ranked 70th nationally.

Also has 3 3* players in the call. Rumor has Brendan Adams (6'4 PG) is underrated. Higher end 3*

Also Dana Tate 6'7 230 SF 3*

Tyrese Martin 6'6 180 SG Low 3*

Players I'd like to see transfer with him:

Jeff Dowtin: Averaged something like 11/3/6 on 50% shooting and 35% from three his last 10 games this season. 10 pts, 9 assists vs. Duke w/ only 1 turnover. 10/2/4 against Providence, 7/2/4 against UVA, 8/6/2 against Seton Hall. This was all early in the season except Duke. All on something like 1.2 TO per game

Reaction Score
Any players that Hurley might try to bring with him from URI--recruiting or from his roster?

For recruits I'm seeing:

Jermaine Harris 6'8-9" 220lb PF. 4* ranked 70th nationally.

Also has 3 3* players in the call. Rumor has Brendan Adams (6'4 PG) is underrated. Higher end 3*

Also Dana Tate 6'7 230 SF 3*

Tyrese Martin 6'6 180 SG Low 3*

Players I'd like to see transfer with him:

Jeff Dowtin: Averaged something like 11/3/6 on 50% shooting and 35% from three his last 10 games this season. 10 pts, 9 assists vs. Duke w/ only 1 turnover. 10/2/4 against Providence, 7/2/4 against UVA, 8/6/2 against Seton Hall. This was all early in the season except Duke. All on something like 1.2 TO per game
There's almost no way that if a current URI player is given his release a condition won't be set on them going to UConn.

The recruits on the other hand...Harris and Adams would be pretty good with me.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I heard there's a bus in front of the URI gym that says "Pittsburgh or bust" and
There's a moving van with PA plates in front of DH's house

now for the meltdown......................

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Any current players would most likely sit if they transferred so that's unlikely. As for the recruits it all depends on if the liked Hurley and uconn. I'm sure most had some other offers. Think only one of them is worth tying up a four year scholarship on. But who knows what our own transfer situation is gonna look like.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Whaaaat?!?! Hurley already transferred!?! He didn’t officially sign yet!

Reaction Score
A lot of people are expecting a real bump in recruiting from this. I think we will see just that. The Hurley name carries a lot of weight in our prime target area. This could turn out to be shockingly good for us on that front. If Hurley didn’t see that himself, he would have chosen Pitt and the ACC. This is a great confirmation that some of the Chicken Little’s on this board need to grow a pair. UConn is a destination job in the Fertile Crescent of college basketball. Dan Hurley is the perfect guy to capitalize.

Reaction Score
What I would be most impressed with out of the gate is a talk with James Akinjo and a change of mind there. No matter he will have a plan and I am sure if this is a done deal like it seems his mind is already working in the UConn direction. Almost expect a call has been made to each James, Emmett and Kisunas.

Reaction Score
What I would be most impressed with out of the gate is a talk with James Akinjo and a change of mind there. No matter he will have a plan and I am sure if this is a done deal like it seems his mind is already working in the UConn direction. Almost expect a call has been made to each James, Emmett and Kisunas.

Maybe he aims a bit higher. Like brandon Williams higher

Reaction Score
Maybe he aims a bit higher. Like brandon Williams higher

Maybe all of them, and his own guy from URI. He's done well with the likes of Akinjo, Matthews and Kisunas.

Reaction Score
If we can’t get akinjo back in the fold the first call should go to tyrease martin kid can flat out score and is a knockdown shooter. I honestly want him over harris we have enough serviceable bigs on the roster but desperately need shooters. Martin actually put up 31 to lift his team over cam reddish (who put up 32) in OT.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
bring back Akinjo, maybe flip some URI commits. i expect big in 2019-20 but not next year - but maybe Hurley can scrape up what's left/improve guys we have/bring in some transfers or JUCO guys and make us somewhat more competitive. NIT, etc.

Reaction Score
If we can’t get akinjo back in the fold the first call should go to tyrease martin kid can flat out score and is a knockdown shooter. I honestly want him over harris we have enough serviceable bigs on the roster but desperately need shooters. Martin actually put up 31 to lift his team over cam reddish (who put up 32) in OT.
Love Martin. He and Matthews would make a great pair of wings.

But Harris is the gem. And for what it’s worth, he can shoot too. Our bigs showed promise, but chances are Harris would be our best big.

Reaction Score
I think its time to realign our recruiting expectations. We should be targeting top 60 guys from now on. No more low-ballers to fill space. We need ready to play athletes now. We should be recruiting and winning against the best again.

Reaction Score

I have no idea how good Harris is, but we need a big who is more than serviceable. Bigs who actually help would be a nice change from the last few years.

Reaction Score

2018 commit Dana Tate staying with URI

Might be a nice kid but we need a much higher level of talent than a three star. There will be much better options between now and start of classes.

Reaction Score
Tate would have been a nice Plan-B to Akinjo or another PG.

He's not great, but it'd be great to have a four year, competent PG for a change.

Reaction Score
I think its time to realign our recruiting expectations. We should be targeting top 60 guys from now on. No more low-ballers to fill space. We need ready to play athletes now. We should be recruiting and winning against the best again.

Yeah Diamond Stone, Diallo, King, kid from Vermont etc etc etc weren't big time players? I mean I get what you're saying but wasting time on them proved to be just that, while missing on next tier kids which is how we will probably need to build for now. Kids liked KO early on for sure even after NC but we couldn't get them because of so many things which we're seeing in the media as we speak amongst them. But like it or not the AAC doesn't help, you saw that quote from a particular coach. Stay within the realm and hopefully build the product back up in order to play in that sand box again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom