Hurley throwing 1st pitch at UConn Day at Citi Field | The Boneyard

Hurley throwing 1st pitch at UConn Day at Citi Field

Reaction Score
Wish there was a seat block but the pregame should be fun. Like the jersey.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was planning to go to Citi a few days later for the Orioles afternoon game but now I’m trying to switch it to this one instead.

Mets have been big UConn supporters. They had Geno on last season and talk up our baseball program often.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
UCONN section sold out, but I've got an extra (With a t-shirt voucher). Heading to Flushing by the Bay from Norwalk around 10 am if any boneyarder is interested, PM me here - relevant schedule as follows:

11:00am – 12:30pm – Husky Hangout at at Citi Field McFaddens Bar (Family Friendly) –

12:45pm or so – First Pitch Ceremony featuring UConn Men’s Basketball Coach Dan Hurley

1:10pm – End of Game- Throughout the game, the UConn section in the Big Apple Reserve will be visited by Jonathan the Husky.

Reaction Score
9A1AE0B2-243B-490C-9A5C-DE675DA9E5B2.jpeg

Reaction Score
Dan is a buttoned up guy. All the way to top button on a polo shirt.

Just sayin'

Reaction Score

>>“If you know UConn, if you’re familiar with us and are around our brand and know our alumni base, you have a feel for the presence we have in the city,” Benedict said. “If you’re not, I’m not sure you can understand or appreciate that when we show up in the Garden, we’re going to draw fans and a lot of times out-support whoever we’re playing. We want to be in the city, need to be in the city, and the southern part of the state. We’re getting better with that.”<<

>>There’s one tradition Hurley wants to continue.

“The great [UConn] teams have always had the New York guys — Ben Gordon, Taliek Brown, Kemba Walker,” Hurley said. “Playing in the Garden helps. That’s something we want to do out of conference every year as many times as we can. … I remember playing UConn in the Big East Tournament or even in New Jersey at the Meadowlands [as a player at Seton Hall], and there would be a huge, overwhelming [UConn] presence. That’s something we certainly want to reignite.”<<

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom