Hurley Subbing | The Boneyard

Hurley Subbing

Reaction Score
I’ve been thinking about this for years. I get so frustrated when he keeps our starters in when we are blowing out teams. You’re telling me the freshman and bench players haven’t earned more than 3 minutes in a
Blowout? Lucky Andre didn’t get hurt. Needs to be addressed ASAP.

Reaction Score
Calhoun had his moments. I blame the assistants.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’ve been thinking about this for years. I get so frustrated when he keeps our starters in when we are blowing out teams. You’re telling me the freshman and bench players haven’t earned more than 3 minutes in a
Being all Big East matters. The starters need their minutes. End of the bench type players get their minutes in practice.

Reaction Score
We definitely need you to apply for the job and take care of it. Coach dannyHam you got this.

Reaction Score
Of course someone is angry after a dominating performance. I feel bad you can’t find any joy in life.

Reaction Score

He's got 9 starters/rotation players. There's just so many minutes to go around. Johnson seems a bit ahead of Diggins who is CLEARLY a work in progress. At this point, I'd say it's MUCH smarter for Hurley to give more minutes to Hawkins and Gaffney because they are likely to be pivotal players come tourney time.

Reaction Score
Is that the best thing you can come up with to criticize DH?

Reaction Score
You seem like a lot of fun

Reaction Score
I had no problems with the subbing tonight. Liked Hawkins getting a little more time with a few starters. They'll need him if they make a deep run come tourny time and it was a great time to build a little confidence in the young man.
When you empty the beach it can become ugly quick. Build him up when you can.

Reaction Score
Throughly enjoyed the win no issues at all on that end trust me. Just meant it more as a question of if you guys think the starters should be out sooner to prevent injury.

Reaction Score
Akok going for the block and getting a goaltending call tweeked his knee on the landing. The closer call came on a loose ball when RJ was very close to getting his lower leg rolled up on by the GTown center with about 5 to go. We got lucky there.

Reaction Score
We haven’t had teams this talented in a while.

All really good teams have good players who just don’t play. Let’s be happy with a dominant win. Outside of Hawkins 4 point play, we scored 2 points in the final 3 minutes. (Didn’t look super clean either)

I have thought there were opportunities to get them playing time earlier in the year against cupcake OOC teams. But I’d much rather use the time now to fine tune rotations & things for the Big Easy Tournament & NCAA. Getting Hawks confidence will pay off more than an extra 2 minutes for Sool & Samson

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom