Hurley Presser | The Boneyard

Hurley Presser

Reaction Score
wish a beat writer would ask hurley why he was so reluctant to call a TO when Indiana went on a run late in 1st half.

Reaction Score
wish a beat writer would ask hurley why he was so reluctant to call a TO when Indiana went on a run late in 1st half.

He did call a TO at 1:47 when IU took lead for 1st time.

Other than that, there were at least 2 planned TV timeouts that happened pretty much at even intervals as IU made their run from being 10 down.

I’m sure coaches know when they’re going to happen so I don’t have a huge issue withhim not calling a TO in the early parts of the run...but I do agree that burning one after we had a 2-3 possessions of horrible offense may have helped Even more to get the team back on track. Maybe. Problem was that unless coach was willing to also fix the main problem that caused the run (Akok and Al sitting with 2 fouls), not sure the TO would have helped. All speculation at this point...

Reaction Score
He did call a TO at 1:47 when IU took lead for 1st time.

Other than that, there were at least 2 planned TV timeouts that happened pretty much at even intervals as IU made their run from being 10 down.

I’m sure coaches know when they’re going to happen so I don’t have a huge issue withhim not calling a TO in the early parts of the run...but I do agree that burning one after we had a 2-3 possessions of horrible offense may have helped Even more to get the team back on track. Maybe. Problem was that unless coach was willing to also fix the main problem that caused the run (Akok and Al sitting with 2 fouls), not sure the TO would have helped. All speculation at this point...
How is it "burning" a timeout...he took TO's to the halftime...maybe just stopping play for 30 seconds interrupts the flow...coaches do it ALL the time

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah, we probably could have used at least one or two more during their big run. Settle everyone down. And maybe throw off Indiana's momentum.

Reaction Score
How is it "burning" a timeout...he took TO's to the halftime...maybe just stopping play for 30 seconds interrupts the flow...coaches do it ALL the time
Sorry was just using the phrase. It wouldn’t have been wasted per se to call it. But ultimately may not have helped...

Reaction Score
Sorry was just using the phrase. It wouldn’t have been wasted per se to call it. But ultimately may not have helped...
may not have helped, but maybe it would have? theres zero downside of taking it. Curious...has hurley run out of timeouts at any point this season?? My guess would be no

Reaction Score
Thanks Griffman.

I think that presser was very telling on where the program is heading and what Hurley sees moving forward. He sees that they have the talent this year to succeed and its a matter of the players doing their individual part to make it happen. He stated that we are heading in the right direction and he is not going to waiver from his plan.
He did call out the guards for the number of turnovers and for just trying to do to much. I’m sure he is also saying the same to them in person.
The disappointment was obvious and it was a game he thought they should have won.

Reaction Score
Coach was very stand up in the presser, and I like his style. Good things to come.

Reaction Score
Thanks Griffman.

I think that presser was very telling on where the program is heading and what Hurley sees moving forward. He sees that they have the talent this year to succeed and its a matter of the players doing their individual part to make it happen. He stated that we are heading in the right direction and he is not going to waiver from his plan.
He did call out the guards for the number of turnovers and for just trying to do to much. I’m sure he is also saying the same to them in person.
The disappointment was obvious and it was a game he thought they should have won.
At the 7:06 mark he talks about the 3 guards coming off the bench, " Brendan doesn't have it, Gaffney's not ready and James looks out of it" and how he felt he had no other alternative to play Vital even though he was struggling all game trying to do too much...

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I remain interested in how they respond. It's THE key puzzle piece, the difference between a good-to-great season and "excruciating" losses.

DH seems to think that they CAN respond, and I will continue therefore to keep faith through the balance of 2019. This assumes that the team will be well-prepared for its final three games. Here, I am sharing coach's year 2 game 9 assessment and current belief in himself.

Reaction Score
Why was Gaffney ready in Charleston but not ready Tuesday?
I know Gaffney missed a ton of practices with a tough injury but he looked very bad in the Garden. Point guard can not dribble with his back to the basket from 35 feet out. You have to beat your man and create. Obviously Hurley saw the same thing and took him out right away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom