Hurley Post Game | The Boneyard

Hurley Post Game

Reaction Score
Most of his ire appeared to be directed at the officials, other than the comment about some guys needing to get off their phones and into the gym.

His comment about championship programs getting respect (from officials) was telling . . . K called it "excellence equity". I thought he did well. His comments were subtle, but biting. I would have been more direct, probably not to my benefit.

Reaction Score
No winning this game.

Blow them out and you’re a top 5 team that needs better competition.

“Only” win by 20 and it’s a garbage effort.

Classic Calhoun type response and practice will hopefully be fun for the freshman this week.

Reaction Score
I'm a little concerned about our 3 point percentage. We were ranked 149th before this game. And obviously it's going down way further after this last game. We don't have an Alleyne or a Calcaterra who can come off the bench and drop a few.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I'm a little concerned about our 3 point percentage. We were ranked 149th before this game. And obviously it's going down way further after this last game. We don't have an Alleyne or a Calcaterra who can come off the bench and drop a few.
The freshmen need to improve their 3 point shooting. So far have been very inconsistent.

Reaction Score
”get off the phones and video games, get in the gym”.
They‘ll shoot Tuesday, travel Wed, shoot Thursday but in big games freshman’s minutes will be reduced further. Ball gets his minutes until Castle is back. Opponents let him shoot the 3 until he proves he can make them I guess, but I don’t see us shooting 14% against Kansas. Looking for a big Alex rebound. He’s tough on himself and will be better.

Reaction Score
Most of his ire appeared to be directed at the officials, other than the comment about some guys needing to get off their phones and into the gym.

His comment about championship programs getting respect (from officials) was telling . . . K called it "excellence equity". I thought he did well. His comments were subtle, but biting. I would have been more direct, probably not to my benefit.
Love the jab toward big east officiating last year too

Reaction Score
It’s early, let’s not forget Alleyne and Calcaterra went through shooting funks for much of last season. I think Soloball is going to be that 3 pt shooter off the bench. But yeah, in general not as quality bench as last year to start off the year, not surprising given the amount of freshman coming in.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Not worried about our 3pt shooting or AK, there’s going to be off games, darn it was in a 20pt win.

Haven’t seen Dan that pissed in a while and I don’t blame him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He is NOT happy and the disrespect is the issue. These refs are clowns, he was right last year and he’s right now. Needs to be given the same respect as guys who have won less are consistently getting.

Reaction Score
This is on the joke Commissioner running the conference who doesn’t know her rearend from her elbow and tolerates the inmates running the asylum. You sit the refs down and let them know that the quality, consistency and respect for the coaches is improving tomorrow or they will be out on their ear. Personally, we are starting to see game tampering around the edges due to sports books.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
“Coach, two-parter: who is the worst official in college basketball and why is it Brian O’Connell?”
"That's a great question Ron. Why is it Brian O'Connell? I don't think we can rule out oxygen deprivation at an early age, but it may be pent up anger at people who were and are good players, since he wasn't. He's even been known to take that anger out on UConn fans.".

Reaction Score
He said he was "seething" but in reality I don't think the performance didn't bothered him very much. By today he will have forgotten it completely and be locked in Kansas.

Interesting comments on Diarra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom