Hurley Post Game Quotes | The Boneyard

Hurley Post Game Quotes

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to take ownership. That is what a professional, winning coach does. I love the guy and think he's the best fit for our program in the long haul, but I'm tired of the sideline antics and this stuff in the pressers.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs to take ownership. That is what a professional, winning coach does. I love the guy and think he's the best fit for our program in the long haul, but I'm tired of the sideline antics and this stuff in the pressers.
Couldn’t agree more. He got taken to the woodshed by billy Lange.

Reaction Score
I thought his presser comments were actually spot on. These guys, Vital/Gilbert/Polley/Josh, they're in their 20s now- they need to act like men. The coaches can't save them from themselves.

Reaction Score
He literally said “I have a lot of work to do”. Hurley is incredibly self reflective. To think otherwise is from a lack of paying attention. You can’t disagree with anything he said in this press conference. His “side line” antics didn’t limit his winning at Rhode Island. The players who have been here epitomize losing. It’s all they know how to do.

Reaction Score
I thought his presser comments were actually spot on. These guys, Vital/Gilbert/Polley/Josh, they're in their 20s now- they need to act like men. The coaches can't save them from themselves.
I thought he nailed it. He was obviously outcoached tonight but the last couple of minutes of his presser tell you all you need to know about how disappointed he is in the veterans. He knows he needs to be better but the scary thing is I think he feels like he's running out of ways to reach them. It really sucks that Gaffney basically missed preseason, Bouknight got himself suspended, and Richie can't play this season.

The reality is we need to play Gaffney, Bouk, and Akok a ton this year and cycle out the veterans. The rebuild is going to most likely take a little longer than we would like. Hurley needs to be better though.

Reaction Score

He did take some ownership. in the first minute or so he said “WE have a lot of WORK to do. I have a lot of WORK to do”. The guy is being honest. These kids have been losing for years and have to learn how to win consistently.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The way you start a game is probably 70% to 30% on the staff

I mean, really? If guys aren't aggressive types, or don't hit shots, or don't rebound it's because the coaching staff didn't try hard enough? Yes, I understand getting guys up for games, but these guys.....

Yeah, he's got fault in this one. But there's a reason we've had slow starts for 6 years now. Players play

Reaction Score
I mean, really? If guys aren't aggressive types, or don't hit shots, or don't rebound it's because the coaching staff didn't try hard enough? Yes, I understand getting guys up for games, but these guys.....

Yeah, he's got fault in this one. But there's a reason we've had slow starts for 6 years now. Players play
Akok sure seemed ready to play

Reaction Score
Obviously Hurley could have made some better adjustments throughout the game but I don't know what people expected from him with the start. Tell players to play defense? Don't let a 6 foot guy get a rebound in the middle of 3 UConn players? At a certain point players have to perform

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom