Hurley on Twitter | The Boneyard

Hurley on Twitter

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
hurleyy.png

Dan Hurley liked this tweet from a VCU fan account
"Hey @dhurley15 ...they need you more than you need them. Keep building. Let's battle for years to come in this conference."

Feel free to move/delete this if it doesn't need a new thread mods.

Reaction Score
I read more on that board and a poster mentioned it was not Hurley who smiley faced

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
UConn fans should know that social media means nothing. Do we remember Kasongo? The countless other players who had given the impression we were at the top of their list?

Reaction Score
Excerpt from Hurley’s future press conference where he announces he’s staying at Rhode Island:

“After discussing with my family, I have decided to stay at URI, although I’m guessing you all already know this based on my recent twitter ‘likes’.”

Reaction Score
UConn fans should know that social media means nothing. Do we remember Kasongo? The countless other players who had given the impression we were at the top of their list?

they just love trolling Uconn fans

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reading tea leaves from social media likes is one of the more amusing items to come out of the tech explosion. And not limited to sports either.
But holy cow.

Might be reading the tea leaves of an inadvertent like from somebody drunk on the shitter.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
And so what. Why wouldn't he like a nice sentiment from a conference foe?

Reading tea leaves from social media likes is one of the more amusing items to come out of the tech explosion. And not limited to sports either.

But holy cow.
I, for one, enjoy reading tea leaves. Even if they don't mean jack. It's fun to speculate, because we have nothing better to do right now as it pertains to UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Uconn doesn't need any one person. If Hurely comes, great. Most of us would love it or at least welcome him with open arms. If he does not, well, the Uconn community at large will pick themselves up and find a suitable replacement. It won't be easy, but I have confidence. Not an easy road ahead, but Uconn will make the right choice to lead the team down that tough road ahead. So no, Uconn does not need him more than he needs Uconn. I also do not think he "needs" Uconn either, BUT it would be a good move for him IMO.

Reaction Score
If Hurley stayed at URI that would be monumental for the university, kinda like what Calhoun did for UConn. That being said if he did stay there I would love for the AAC to invite URI to join the conference. They would be a great addition for an up and coming program plus a rivalry for UConn. Any thoughts?

Reaction Score
If Hurley stayed at URI that would be monumental for the university, kinda like what Calhoun did for UConn. That being said if he did stay there I would love for the AAC to invite URI to join the conference. They would be a great addition for an up and coming program plus a rivalry for UConn. Any thoughts?
On a side that is something I have been preaching at length. These guys are following the Calhoun model. Build your own program. Be your own king. Make your own rules in non football states. All of New England. Sorry New York Syracuse ain’t college football. There are a few others but you can see them playing out. There is no pressure but what YOU yourself have accomplished at these schools so why leave?

Reaction Score
They would lose us money on the already-presumably-weak TV deal as their football is worthless

Reaction Score
After all the family discussions and emoting money will eventually emerge as a key factor.

Reaction Score
They would lose us money on the already-presumably-weak TV deal as their football is worthless

Never said football would be invited lol. They’re better off dropping football more so than us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

URI cannot be turned into UConn. Not by Dan or anyone else. His whole starting five is graduating. Next year is going to be a struggle for them.

Reaction Score
URI cannot be turned into UConn. Not by Dan or anyone else. His whole starting five is graduating. Next year is going to be a struggle for them.

They have a 29th ranked recruiting class coming in with 3-4 players that saw descent minutes. I’m not saying they’re going to be ranked or make a run like they did this year but they do have a bright future if Hurley stayed. That being said I would love more than anything for him to come to Connecticut. I think he would be able to finish his career in Storrs should he take any offer. He’s a great coach and seems to be a great person as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

He kinda has that old Calhoun model working. Build a team over a couple of years into a 'monster', and then have to reload after a big year. I'm not sure if it's on purpose, but it's reminiscent.

What it does mean is that he develops guys.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

they were evidently just looking for a pay-raise :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom