Hurley on 2020 recruiting plan | The Boneyard

Hurley on 2020 recruiting plan

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley is glad the Bobby Hurley drama is over | Zagsblog
UConn is also involved for 2020 Westtown power forward Noah Collier, 2020 Oak Hill Academy wing Cam Thomas, 2020 Putnam Science shooting guard Demarr Langford and 2020 Putnam point guard Hassan Diara. Hurley and assistant Kimani Young were at Putnam on Friday.

“It’s a big class for us,” Hurley said, speaking generally. “We have to generally continue to get UConn-level talent and then positionally I think center is a real big spot for us with Josh Carlton graduating soon. We need a big-time center and big I think big wings are important.”

Reaction Score
I know many don’t want to push anyone out, but if we’re returning everyone we’re only going to have 2 open scholarships next offseason. Unfortunate, because I think we’re in a great spot with 4-5 really talented guys. Staff will have to be picky.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know many don’t want to push anyone out, but if we’re returning everyone we’re only going to have 2 open scholarships next offseason. Unfortunate, because I think we’re in a great spot with 4-5 really talented guys. Staff will have to be picky.

Both Akok and Alterique are looking to go pro after next year... so there may be 4 open scholarships

Reaction Score
That's why I keep stressing not freeing up these 2 scholarships could kill us. We're already behind the eight ball, two schollies tied up in kids who can't play ties our other hand behind our back.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Alterique and Mamadou stay beyond next season. Both will be graduating then, in theory.
Akok also wants to be one and done, which doesn't sound completely out of the question from the way people who have watched him practice have been talking. Plus CV will be graduating. And we will get our last schollie back from the KO violation.
So even assuming no one transfers, we should have at least 3-4 openings for 2020.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
That's why I keep stressing not freeing up these 2 scholarships could kill us. We're already behind the eight ball, two schollies tied up in kids who can't play ties our other hand behind our back.
Really, you don’t think that Hurley knows what he’s doing? No one on this board is more qualified than him. Trust in him, we are in good hands, based on his track record, including 3 top 100’s already for ‘19. There are more than 100 D1 programs that want top 100 recruits, and we have 3 and counting. Better days are ahead!

Reaction Score
Next year, the AAC will be getting national attention due to Memphis and Wiseman, potentially Zion-level. Let's hope Hardaway and Memphis have a great season.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
One of KO’s downfalls wasn’t getting DHam to stay another year. That also substantially impacted Brimah’s performance. No lobs and the enthusiasm which followed.
You look at it the wrong way one of KO’s only successes other than the NC was getting DHam for soph year. That kid did not want college

Reaction Score
You look at it the wrong way one of KO’s only successes other than the NC was getting DHam for soph year. That kid did not want college

Yeah, I'm as far from an insider as they come, but I heard this second-hand a long time ago. DHam apparently wanted no part of college. I'll agree that his leaving was the event that sped up our decline more than anything, though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'm as far from an insider as they come, but I heard this second-hand a long time ago. DHam apparently wanted no part of college. I'll agree that his leaving was the event that sped up our decline more than anything, though.
Most definitely. But that’s not a KO fail

Reaction Score
Both Akok and Alterique are looking to go pro after next year... so there may be 4 open scholarships
I havent seen Akok but Im pretty sure AG will not be going pro after next year unless he has a ridiculous year. Akok from what little I know of him is a two year guy unless he listens to the wrong people and jumps early.

Reaction Score
Really, you don’t think that Hurley knows what he’s doing? No one on this board is more qualified than him. Trust in him, we are in good hands, based on his track record, including 3 top 100’s already for ‘19. There are more than 100 D1 programs that want top 100 recruits, and we have 3 and counting. Better days are ahead!
We all know that Hurley knows what he's doing, that's not the issue. Hurley knows we need significant talent upgrades on this roster. It's just unfortunate that he's not going to get the opportunity to bring in all the recruits he wants in 2020

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Where? Overseas? Haven't we heard this every year with recruits who haven't established anything at the college level start talking about going pro. I don't even see players that look like them physically in the NBA let alone proven anything on the college court. This kind of talk is really kind of silly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom