Hurley Offseason Updates | The Boneyard

Hurley Offseason Updates

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
UConn’s Dan Hurley already prepping his team for Seton Hall, other Big East rivals

One aspect of the move back to the Big East is the reduced travel. Hurley and his team will no longer have to board flights for long journeys to places like Memphis, Houston, Tulane, Tulsa and two Florida schools. And UConn fans can once again look forward to taking over Madison Square Garden during the Big East Tournament.

“We’re going to be at a lot less of a competitive disadvantage with the travel,” Hurley said. “It’s going to be so much more exciting for our fans. We were drawing amazing crowds this year, our fans were awesome. They saw the direction and saw where things were headed and I think they loved our team this year.”

Recruiting should also benefit, as Hurley and his staff can now recruit players from the Northeast to the mid-Atlantic with the promise of playing in the Big East and at the Garden in March.

“The Big East has a lot of sway around here and obviously I know that that puts UConn back with the same company that they were always with,” Blair Academy coach Joe Mantegna said last year. “And people our age think of UConn as a Big East school, and I think that changes everything for recruiting for Danny.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom