Hurley NJIT Pregame Press Conference | The Boneyard

Hurley NJIT Pregame Press Conference

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
“Last year we were just trying to find five guys to put on the court. You know your program is growing when talent doesn’t find it’s way on the court but has to battle it’s way onto the court.”

Response to a question about Sid. Hurley also said Sid needs to find an offensive identity but while he is finding that he needs to use his athleticism to make a statement on defense and not just be on the court.

RJ is very talented on offense. Makes Al and Jalen better.

Reaction Score
Wonder where he’s headed. Was thinking local but Clingan doesn’t play until tomorrow.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
"I don't think anyone on this team should probably play north of that." (referencing 30 to 32 minutes)

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
"I don't think anyone on this teams should probably play north of that." (referencing 30 to 32 minutes)
True. There’s really not much drop off from our starters to our bench outside of Akok.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Maybe it's the camera or the lighting, but I am disturbed that Coach Hurley's shirt looks suspiciously orange :eek:.

Reaction Score
True. There’s really not much drop off from our starters to our bench outside of Akok.

Other than Bouk and Adams, IDK if that's true. Not even true for them on some nights. Whaley, Sid, and Gaffney have been pretty bad.

30-32 minutes is the right call though.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Other than Bouk and Adams, IDK if that's true. Not even true for them on some nights. Whaley, Sid, and Gaffney have been pretty bad.

30-32 minutes is the right call though.
Whaley is a significant upgrade defensively over Carlton.

Reaction Score
Whaley is a significant upgrade defensively over Carlton.

You are not correct. Not close.

87.6 v 88.5 defensive rating.

Ya'll calling Whaley the savior because of a few decent minutes against UNH is ridiculous. He didn't even look very good against that low major team. He has been a total no-show vs better teams.

Reaction Score
On Josh, "He's now catching the ball too far away from the basket."

Glad DH agrees with me. Let's fix it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
"I don't think anyone on this team should probably play north of that." (referencing 30 to 32 minutes)

I’ve been saying this all year. Al is the guy who needed the most minutes earlier because Gaffney wasn’t ready. But now, best if nobody plays 30 except maybe Akok. We have been at our best when everyone contributes and we play close to 40 minutes of aggressive defense. It wears teams down by the end of the game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying this all year. Al is the guy who needed the most minutes earlier because Gaffney wasn’t ready. But now, best if nobody plays 30 except maybe Akok. We have been at our best when everyone contributes and we play close to 40 minutes of aggressive defense. It wears teams down by the end of the game.
As a general rule this is the formula. However match ups and what players are bringing to a game will ultimately determine who gets in and minutes they will play.

UConn has five important players that are underclass men and one upperclassmen with only a year and a half college experience. It is rare for any player to be consistently good every game. The probability of better play increases with experience even for talented players. It would be highly unusual if these six players performed at a consistent high level.

As UConn fans we’ve been blessed with one of the greatest basketball coaches in the history of the sport. We’ve observed the great teams and the mix of players that gave us success. When they graduated or went pro and the next group of talented players arrived those teams usually struggled for a year or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom