Hurley need take lessons from Jim Calhoun! | The Boneyard

Hurley need take lessons from Jim Calhoun!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Yeah agreed. This has been called out for a year or two now. He had three timeouts snd waited until we committed 12 turnovers with 0 points and the lead cut down to 7. Didn’t adjust

Reaction Score
We were up 17 at halftime and won by 11 against a top 30 team. Their run continued after Hurley did call timeout. Timeouts are not a panacea.

Reaction Score
Hurley definitely could have used an earlier TO but I really have no complaints about how he's been doing things since the Creighton game.

Reaction Score
Read the post above yours, numbnuts.
Whatever dude. The guy is clueless when the other team makes a run. There is a mountain of evidence to prove the point. He hasn’t learned a damn thing.

I guarantee you 90% of the decent coaches in the country would have called a timeout after we turned it over for the 3rd or 4th time in a row.

Numb nuts

Reaction Score
He needed to call one 1 or 2 possessions earlier when X cut it to 5-ish. Hindsight is 2020. Wasn't the end of the world. He definitely used to have a problem with this... I think he's changed his tune a bit this year.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
We were up 17 at halftime and won by 11 against a top 30 team. Their run continued after Hurley did call timeout. Timeouts are not a panacea.
How dare you not go down the negative path!

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Calhoun never coached in an era of 4 total timeouts and 3 timeouts in the second half. Think a lot of people have forgotten about this change
How many were there before?

I used to love JC's time out a possession or two into the game if he felt like the team was playing lethargically. That quick TO wake up call, sprinkled with a healthy dose of expletives.

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread. Calhoun would have taken a timeout around the 19 minute mark. Maybe even just 40 seconds into the half.

No timeouts don't fix play, but he would have also sent AJ to the bench and maybe woke him up. I love Jackson, but man, you could see the game was over in his mind. He stilll has chance to be a quality big guard, even PG, but he has to learn to value the ball more.

Reaction Score
Legend.

1645315702719.jpeg

Reaction Score
I said it in another thread. Calhoun would have taken a timeout around the 19 minute mark. Maybe even just 40 seconds into the half.

No timeouts don't fix play, but he would have also sent AJ to the bench and maybe woke him up. I love Jackson, but man, you could see the game was over in his mind. He stilll has chance to be a quality big guard, even PG, but he has to learn to value the ball more.
Exactly. Timeouts are not in and of themselves a quick fix. But they are meant to stop momentum. It’s in Chapter 1 of the Coaching handbook. Apparently our coach skipped that chapter.

Reaction Score
Whatever dude. The guy is clueless when the other team makes a run. There is a mountain of evidence to prove the point. He hasn’t learned a damn thing.

I guarantee you 90% of the decent coaches in the country would have called a timeout after we turned it over for the 3rd or 4th time in a row.

Numb nuts
I think you should just stop following UConn basketball. You sound like an angry person who can’t handle when a coach doesn’t take a time out when you would have liked it. Let’s bring Ollie back! He was a master at calling timeouts down 20 with 10 mins left in the first half.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom