Hurley Message to Fan Base | The Boneyard

Hurley Message to Fan Base

Reaction Score
Those are some BIG boys coming in. Something we have lacked. Rebounding will improve immediately

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We actually have talent on this team. It’s just not concentrated in the two guys who take 80% of our shots.
That's up to DH and his staff to control not the 2 players who obviously feel that it was upon them to do so
It's not that I think they should have stats like that but it is up to the staff to put a tamper on that activity and not after the fact but while it was happening.
I applaud the recruitment of both these incoming players- nice get

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'fan base message to dan' it seems like you've become more spiritual since your health scare. will you be going all phil jackson or bill walton on us? if so, i'd prefer the phil jackson version. the triangles part, not the crystals part.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Need a shooter desperately. 13-14 UConn made 287 three pointers @ a 39% clip with three guys over 40% + Boat. Something like that. Focus needs to be on a lights out shooter or it will be NIT next year.

Maybe a grad transfer. Who knows.

This. It's the one big hole for next year. Bouk and Gaffney will hopefully be able to fill some of it. Akok in his way too. But it isn't Jackson's strength. And Polley can't do much else, so his shooting is mitigated by all the other stuff.

It's really a (grad) transfer or nothing.

Reaction Score
Got some great pieces coming in. Can’t wait to see what we bring in for 2021. Let’s get it done on Sunday

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
This. It's the one big hole for next year. Bouk and Gaffney will hopefully be able to fill some of it. Akok in his way too. But it isn't Jackson's strength. And Polley can't do much else, so his shooting is mitigated by all the other stuff.

It's really a (grad) transfer or nothing.

Cole will add something as well. Even in the MEAC shooting almost 39% from 3 is production. If nothing else I'm hopeful that his ability to distribute the ball will translate to the higher level of competition, which would get our guys better looks.

Reaction Score
Cole will add something as well. Even in the MEAC shooting almost 39% from 3 is production. If nothing else I'm hopeful that his ability to distribute the ball will translate to the higher level of competition, which would get our guys better looks.
Cole can shoot. Teams sold out to stop him and he shot 39%. He won't be the focal point like he was in the past.

I think we should be ok shooting next year assuming Bouknight and Gaffney follow their reputations as shooters. Cole is a good shooter. Polley is excellent. I can see B. Adams improving his percentage. And Akok has shown he can shoot for his size and can be better.

Reaction Score
Need a shooter desperately. 13-14 UConn made 287 three pointers @ a 39% clip with three guys over 40% + Boat. Something like that. Focus needs to be on a lights out shooter or it will be NIT next year.

Maybe a grad transfer. Who knows.

Next season we will likely start 4 guys who can shoot 40+% from 3 (Cole, Bouknight, Polley, Akok).

Reaction Score
Cole can shoot. Teams sold out to stop him and he shot 39%. He won't be the focal point like he was in the past.

I think we should be ok shooting next year assuming Bouknight and Gaffney follow their reputations as shooters. Cole is a good shooter. Polley is excellent. I can see B. Adams improving his percentage. And Akok has shown he can shoot for his size and can be better.
Akok needs to work on his hands. He fumbled almost every pass to him. The box score looked ok, but sometimes that is deceiving. Last night, it was.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

That's good. In my head, I remembered him as more of a scorer vs a shooter. I know he's crafty. So that's good to hear.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom