Hurley Media Call | The Boneyard

Hurley Media Call

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
His answer to the Bouknight injury/MRI question was horrible, he looked concerned. Sounds like ligament/serious damage hasn’t been ruled out.

Reaction Score
His answer to the Bouknight injury/MRI question was horrible, he looked concerned. Sounds like ligament/serious damage hasn’t been ruled out.
James will dress, probably not start and play limited minutes. If it’s tight I would bet we see him out there, but if it’s never competitive it may be best to sit this one and then DePaul out and get almost 2 weeks to heal. With the next game after DePaul being St. John’s a week later

Reaction Score
I wonder if Akok returns and is contributing, if it allows Polley to play more at 3. How is Butler from outside. It could be interesting too, if Hurley ever surprised everybody with a few minutes of zone defense with a big line-up with Polley and Martin out there with one of the pg's.

Doubt it, but it could be an interesting look.

Reaction Score
Watched that part of the video like 3 times this morning. The easy answer would have been to say a little rest was all that was needed. He struggled to find the right combination of words to avoid answering the question directly. Not a good sign.

Reaction Score
I like Hurley I think he is a great coach. Get it. I like Hurley. I am NOT saying Bouk's injury could have been prevented. I am NOT blaming Hurley for Bouk's injury. But...I have been critical of Hurley on this one point and will continue to be.

He has let Bouk take a beating all season. He has done a poor job of making sure the refs know that other teams will be physical with Bouk and that it often crosses the line and MUST not be allowed. Hurley needs to be all over this in the first few minutes of games. It's important.

Weird thing is that Hurley has been much more under control this year. It's like he has dialed back his approach with the refs. I would love to see some of the 2019 Hurley especially as it comes to protecting Bouk.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

I find Richie to be an enigma. Remember your HS days, when you were picking sides for a pickup game? Some guys were picked because they were tall. Some because they were athletic. Others were picked because they were basketball players.

Brown was the guy who got picked for being tall.

As a former big (from back when 6-3 was a big in high school<G>) Springs looks like a basketball player to my eye. I'd hate to see him get frustrated over the lack of opportunity and leave before he has the chance to show what he's made of.

Reaction Score
I like Hurley I think he is a great coach. Get it. I like Hurley. I am NOT saying Bouk's injury could have been prevented. I am NOT blaming Hurley for Bouk's injury. But...I have been critical of Hurley on this one point and will continue to be.

He has let Bouk take a beating all season. He has done a poor job of making sure the refs know that other teams will be physical with Bouk and that it often crosses the line and MUST not be allowed. Hurley needs to be all over this in the first few minutes of games. It's important.

Weird thing is that Hurley has been much more under control this year. It's like he has dialed back his approach with the refs. I would love to see some of the 2019 Hurley especially as it comes to protecting Bouk.

Bout didnt get hit going for the hoop. He got hurt going for a loose ball. Hurley going ballistic because a shooting foul isnt called has no relevance to what happened.

Reaction Score
I get the concern for Bouk, but doesn't it say a lot that he went back into the game, not once, but twice? It's not like we have some fly by night medical trainer, this guy has been around a while and has been great by all accounts. If he had a serious injury, I highly doubt he would have been allowed to go back into the game. Sounds to me like risking further injury was not a big concern, otherwise there is ZERO chance he would have been allowed to go back into the game. I bet he is just feeling really sore, and maybe it has more to do with the fact that the pain threshold is just too much for his style of play.

I'm just hoping that the x-ray and mri were done out of precaution and standard procedure for this type of injury.

Last point, Hurley has been coy to say the least with a lot of interview questions. He doesn't like to answer anything about game scheduling, giving direct answers on injuries (Unless it's a confirmed diagnosis like a broken wrist/acl/achilles), and other answers where he doesn't like to divulge info. This just seem to be how Hurley likes to roll and keep things close to the vest. Sucks for us fans, but I'm sure he has his reasons for doing this.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I get a kick out of how many times Hurley says "ya know" in every interview.

Reaction Score
Bout didnt get hit going for the hoop. He got hurt going for a loose ball. Hurley going ballistic because a shooting foul isnt called has no relevance to what happened.

Not to mention the fact that Bouk's been getting a good whistle all season. He's drawn a ton of fouls. What has there been for Hurley to complain about?

Reaction Score
Guys are being physical with Bouk all over the court not just going to the basket. Bouk got clobbered in the corner going for a loose ball against USC.Hurley needs to be all over the refs the way that opponents are all over Bouk.

BTW, I said in my post that this wasn't about his injury. He has been getting hammered. Hurley needs to make it stop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom