Hurley Media Availability Tweets | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Hurley Media Availability Tweets

Reaction Score
i will say, his confidence meter isn't always accurate. remember how long it took to play whaley and how much better we were with him?
Or maybe it took awhile for a lightly recruited player to improve enough for this level? Not long before whaley broke out all the experts on here who criticize Hurley for not giving guys a shot soon enough were criticizing him for not pushing whaley out to free up a scholarship

Reaction Score
i will say, his confidence meter isn't always accurate. remember how long it took to play whaley and how much better we were with him?
Whaley took a long time to figure out where to be on the court. He frequently broke offensive and defensive sets because he didn't know where to be. His motor helped him play good one on one defense and stumble into rebounds and baskets, but it took a while for him to actually have a sense of where he should be. You can watch games that first Hurley season and see he was wildly out of place.

Reaction Score
Whaley took a long time to figure out where to be on the court. He frequently broke offensive and defensive sets because he didn't know where to be. His motor helped him play good one on one defense and stumble into rebounds and baskets, but it took a while for him to actually have a sense of where he should be. You can watch games that first Hurley season and see he was wildly out of place.
right but some guys just have to play in order for it to click. I don't know if he always understands that.

Reaction Score
Practice is a lot different than actually playing in a game.

Vince Lombardi's players would look forward to Sunday's as the games were much easier than the practices. If you didn't show it in practice you never played.

Reaction Score
Is it really necessary to call someone stupid. Can't you just say you disagree strongly? I guess that doesn't feed your ego? It's attitudes like this that make the Yard hard to read these days. OK, rant over, back to lurking...
It was a lot worse a number of years ago. A few of the worst were booted a few years ago who were aggressively negative and needlessly nasty. I think it has gotten better recently.

Reaction Score
right but some guys just have to play in order for it to click. I don't know if he always understands that.
And he also has to win games, and putting guys in who throw off the offense/defense in their placement—when you have guys who can do this—is not putting the team (or Whaley) in a place to succeed. Whaley stayed on the court when he was able to play high level basketball, and not before.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Thought this could be funny and lighten the mood with the storm of downvotes coming lol.

20CC4595-ACF3-4E3B-824E-03A1E37EEF15.jpeg

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
The sad thing is that it looked like Hawkins had just truly arrived later in the season, and was going to give us the X factor the team was missing in another shooter, and then the concussion took him out of the picture. We'll never know but that might have been enough to get us through the first tournament game and beyond. A blossoming Hawkins makes it a lot less necessary to burn Corey's redshirt year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom