Hurley Media Availability 2.16 | The Boneyard

Hurley Media Availability 2.16

Reaction Score
I agree 100% with Hurley that College Basketball/the media doesn't do nearly enough to promote the game. Not nearly enough human interest stories, not nearly enough stories and hype for the star players, and they don't even sell their marquee matchups...

The UConn Marquette game is the biggest game of the season so far in the sport and I haven't even seen any national advertisements hyping it or even saying when and where you can watch the game. I watched Big East games the other night on FS1 and they didn't even hype up the matchup and all their ads during the game were about the Michigan v. Michigan State game which is a terrible matchup this year.

Reaction Score
I agree 100% with Hurley that College Basketball/the media doesn't do nearly enough to promote the game. Not nearly enough human interest stories, not nearly enough stories and hype for the star players, and they don't even sell their marquee matchups...

The UConn Marquette game is the biggest game of the season so far in the sport and I haven't even seen any national advertisements hyping it or even saying when and where you can watch the game. I watched Big East games the other night on FS1 and they didn't even hype up the matchup and all their ads during the game were about the Michigan v. Michigan State game which is a terrible matchup this year.
I've noticed FOX acting in bad faith as a partner the last two years. The network and conference have sat on their hands when it comes to the Big East. I've and others have called out both parties multiple times for it.

Reaction Score
I've noticed FOX acting in bad faith as a partner the last two years. The network and conference have sat on their hands when it comes to the Big East. I've and others have called out both parties multiple times for it.
You mean downplaying one of their marquee properties to drive down the cost of the next media deal?

Reaction Score
This game is going to bring in well over a million tv viewers

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

College basketball in general has had terrible promotion because of the lack of star players and coaches.

Media companies used to have the old guard of coaches to promote but that’s not the case anymore. The casual fan doesn’t know these new coaches outside of Hurley.

Also a huge lack of star power to promote. Marquette’s big star is Kolek, a guy who is not a high level NBA prospect.

CBB should get a huge boost with Flagg next year.

Reaction Score
I wish they had went through with the Hard Knocks style show that would have filmed the program. The school is gonna have to take the promotion into their own hands and continue to step up with their own original shoulder programming and content.

Reaction Score
I wish they had went through with the Hard Knocks style show that would have filmed the program. The school is gonna have to take the promotion into their own hands and continue to step up with their own original shoulder programming and content.
I heard from my friend he's working behind the scenes on something but haven't asked him in a while about it. He's talked about multiple projects.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom