Hurley is this week's Rothstein guest | The Boneyard

Hurley is this week's Rothstein guest

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Interesting comments on Jalen:

"Potential POY in the American if he's able to fully dedicate himself and be fully committed to doing everything right. Getting his body right, sharpening up his game, adding a consistent perimeter shot."

Spot on. Those bolded phrases speak volumes.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Hard not to smile while listening to that interview...DH is such an impressive guy.

My main takeaways...

- He's really going to challenge Jalen. If JA can be receptive to Dan's coaching, he's going to have a special year.

- Doesn't sound like we should look for Alterique to be full-go early in the year, which may not be the worst idea anyway.

- I'm guessing he heard and/or shared the same views about how easy it was to scout us in recent years, as he went on at length regarding how he wants us to command respect from opposing coaches when they watch tape.

- This 2019 class is going to be fun to watch take shape.

- Either we're incredibly lucky or insanely well-calculated in how many guys with UConn ties had a hand in speaking with Dan while he was deciding. He mentioned Blaney as being part of a small group that he consulted with...you'd have to imagine Moore was in there as well. One way or the other, this lined up absolutely perfectly for us.

Every time he does an interview or we get a glimpse into his thoughts regarding the program and how he wants to move us forward, it is beyond refreshing. Good stuff.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Hard not to smile while listening to that interview...Dan Hurley is such an impressive guy.

My main takeaways...

- He's really going to challenge Jalen. If JA can be receptive to Dan's coaching, he's going to have a special year.

- Doesn't sound like we should look for Alterique to be full-go early in the year, which may not be the worst idea anyway.

- I'm guessing he heard and/or shared the same views about how easy it was to scout us in recent years, as he went on at length regarding how he wants us to command respect from opposing coaches when they watch tape.

Every time he does an interview or we get a glimpse into his thoughts regarding the program and how he wants to move us forward, it is beyond refreshing. Good stuff.

Good points. Its seems like he's already analyzed the weaknesses in this team and how to improve into next season and beyond ... and he's only been here 3-4 weeks.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Hard not to smile while listening to that interview...Dan Hurley is such an impressive guy.

My main takeaways...

- Either we're incredibly lucky or insanely well-calculated in how many guys with UConn ties had a hand in speaking with Dan while he was deciding. He mentioned Blaney as being part of a small group that he consulted with...you'd have to imagine Moore was in there as well. One way or the other, this lined up absolutely perfectly for us.

Agreed with all. It was also interesting how Carlton was a name he brought up multiple times. I think he sees some legitimate untapped potential in Josh.

Reaction Score

My main takeaways...

I bet coaches laughed at us when watching tape. There was not really much to scout. I guess defend the one on one move, lol, and UConn plays no perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
Agreed with all. It was also interesting how Carlton was a name he brought up multiple times. I think he sees some legitimate untapped potential in Josh.

Last year I always felt that he should have been our main center through the growing pains because I honestly think he can be a stud with the right coaching. It's kinda easy to see.

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
I loved his description of Calhoun... When the team walked onto the court, they knew the toughest guy in the building had their back!

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Good points. Its seems like he's already analyzed the weaknesses in this team and how to improve into next season and beyond ... and he's only been here 3-4 weeks.

As a Mets fan, I've obviously been paying attention to what has been going on with them under new manager Mickey Calloway. It has been very impressive to see every single player say almost the same thing about him and the culture he has instilled from the start, starting with his first time addressing the team. To a man, they each cited the fact that Calloway seemed to already have a plan for each one of them, how each could improve and what was expected of each of them in terms of being accountable to the team. I thought it was also interesting that the team decided that they would all sit in the dugout for the entire game, rather than some of them being in the clubhouse, which apparently is the case for most teams.

It certainly seems to be working so far, and it sounds like Hurley is a similar type.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
As a Mets fan, I've obviously been paying attention to what has been going on with them under new manager Mickey Calloway. It has been very impressive to see every single player say almost the same thing about him and the culture he has instilled from the start, starting with his first time addressing the team. To a man, they each cited the fact that Calloway seemed to already have a plan for each one of them, how each could improve and what was expected of each of them in terms of being accountable to the team. I thought it was also interesting that the team decided that they would all sit in the dugout for the entire game, rather than some of them being in the clubhouse, which apparently is the case for most teams.

It certainly seems to be working so far, and it sounds like Hurley is a similar type.

LOL 12-2.

Give me a call when they are 13-2 like a real ball team.

Go Sox!

Calloway doing a fine job though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
LOL 12-2.

Give me a call when they are 13-2 like a real ball team.

Go Sox!

Calloway doing a fine job though.
You could be getting a call tonight...

But yeah, it's pretty amazing where both of them are right now. Long season, but nice to bank these wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom