Hurley is not happy with our rebounding. | The Boneyard

Hurley is not happy with our rebounding.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would like to see you guys wrestle a 7'1 center into 5 fouls in only 16 minutes, and see how many rebounds you guys get in the process.

I will always defend the centers.

Reaction Score
Even when the 7'1' guy is on the bench?
Yeah Cisse only played 16 minutes and had 10 rebounds. Sanogo played 33 minutes and had 6 rebounds.

Was this the first game the Huskies were out rebounded?

caw

Reaction Score
Yeah Cisse only played 16 minutes and had 10 rebounds. Sanogo played 33 minutes and had 6 rebounds.

Was this the first game the Huskies were out rebounded?

Sanogo boxing out was a reason other guys got boards, been that way all year. Have to tip the cap to Cisse though for his work on the boards.

Reaction Score
Sanogo boxing out was a reason other guys got boards, been that way all year.
Aaaaand there it is. AS seems more interested in scoring than anything else. I think he needs to reign it in a bit. I think he will as he started last season rebounding poorly but then really picked it up averaging nearly a double double after the slow start. He needs to stop trying to force it offensively when its not there. Hes got enough weapons around him that he literally never has to do that. When he is doubled im pretty sure someone is open somewhere if hes willing to commit to finding them or finding someone to get it to the open man.

Reaction Score
The boys are going to be pushed hard in the next couple of days.
They need to because i have a STRONG feeling the Florida game is going to come down to a few possessions and some of the crap the second half of this game is not going to cut it and we will be coming back from Florida with our first L if we dont tighten some of this stuff up. Also not sure whats going on with Newt but after a crap game against Iowa st he was pretty much a no show tonight with as many turnovers as assists. He absolutely needs to be better. Im starting to notice the better he is the better this offense runs especially when Ajax isnt on the court.

Reaction Score
Its a testament to how loaded this team is that they beat Oregon, Alabama, Iowa St., and now Ok. State each by double digits, but have been outrebounded by all of them but Iowa State.

Reaction Score
Aaaaand there it is. AS seems more interested in scoring than anything else. I think he needs to reign it in a bit. I think he will as he started last season rebounding poorly but then really picked it up averaging nearly a double double after the slow start. He needs to stop trying to force it offensively when its not there. Hes got enough weapons around him that he literally never has to do that. When he is doubled im pretty sure someone is open somewhere if hes willing to commit to finding them or finding someone to get it to the open man.
Ok reign in a guy shooting 63% from the field, avg 18.5 ppg, 7 rebounds. He’s playing fine give it a break.. enjoy the ride.

Reaction Score
Ok reign in a guy shooting 63% from the field, avg 18.5 ppg, 7 rebounds. He’s playing fine give it a break.. enjoy the ride.
I didnt say to reign him in as an offensive threat im talking about the unnesasary forced shots. You have no issues with him forcing up shots when he has the open pass to 4 other guys capable of scoring? Ok. No big deal right? Its not big deal when youre beating everyone by double digits but i assure you its going to be a big deal when it gets you knocked off in March if he doesnt reign that stuff in.

Reaction Score

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What's wrong with continuous improvement?

Reaction Score
Both rebounding deficits were offset by significant advantages in turnover margin. Today we were +10 and Alabama we were +9.

What‘s usually a better measure is what percentage of rebounds you get on each end. If those numbers are identical, but you force a lot more turnovers, you’ll likely end up with a rebounding deficit … since more of your possessions result in shots going up than your opponent’s. But we weren’t all that great on the defensive boards today. Only got 22 of 35 possible defensive rebounds (63 percent) - and you’d like to be 75 percent or better. We got 13 offensive rebounds ourselves (out of 39), but our defensive board work had room for improvement.

The percentage number isn’t perfect either - since it can also be skewed by foul shots. The defensive team typically gets 70-75 percent of live ball rebounds but over 90 percent of missed foul shots (which is logical, since everyone starts in good box out position and there’s no mystery about what the foul shooter is going to do). So if a team misses the second of two foul shots a lot (or the front ends of one and ones), those are comparatively “easy” rebounds that can affect percentages a little. Today, OSU got four of those and we got one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom