Hurley/Gaffney/Martin/Sanogo Post Game Press Conference | The Boneyard

Hurley/Gaffney/Martin/Sanogo Post Game Press Conference

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was a really good and insightful presser. Kudos to Hurley.

”Starting eight” is an interesting choice of terms.

Wish someone asked about Hawkins’s status for next game.

And when he mentioned Hawkins he said the starting 9 or core 9 or something. Basically saying Diggins and Johnson are on the outside looking in for minutes and they'll have to fight to get those minutes. I'll take it. The nine man rotation he'll have will have plenty of flexibility to go with hot hands, match ups, foul trouble or injuries.

Biggest takeaways was stating the bench will shorten. He talked about players needing to get their game cardio up to 30 mpg level needed.

He also talked about intentionally using Gaff and Akok with the second stringers so that those two are used to being "the man" for the blue team against the starters. Keeps them in an aggressive mode while playing against starters which should translate in to playing well against opponents.

Also gave good insight in to why it is who he has starting. Talked about the length and physicality to set and then says starters failed to do that at beginning of each half.

Overall, I took it as one of Hurley's more direct press conferences giving specifics and pulling back the curtain a bit.

Reaction Score
I particularly like Hurley's last statement: " We know who we are....we know what we can be this year." Gotta love it!

I really liked the "team ball" that they have played these 2 first games. Last year is was all about Bouk....this year they have to play as a team and IMO they are off to a good start!

Reaction Score
Every position has a backup. Foul trouble won't hurt us like years past, no matter who has to sit. Sure Sanago our most valuable but if he does have foul trouble we have 5th year Whaley on deck to slide over. More importantly we should be able to handle and survive with any starter having a bad game. Just saying our bench is Div 1 ready, and should have no excuse not being able to contribute somehow/someway (excluding freshman).

Reaction Score
Glad to hear Whaley’s injury appears to be just a minor/moderate sprain. Figured as much when he walked off the court, but still good to hear from Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom