Hurley. Dre could have had a triple double versus G'town. | The Boneyard

Hurley. Dre could have had a triple double versus G'town.

Reaction Score
He was pretty close. Finished 7 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists. If he made a missed dunk, and didn't step out of bounds the points are there. And once a guy gets to triple double watch it seems to happen. Would have been nice.

Amazing that no one really noticed.

Reaction Score
Surprised he hasn’t one yet in his career. He would be the epitome of someone who could get a triple-double every night.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Feel like he could go off for a triple double on any given night. Kid is the Swiss Army knife of talent

Reaction Score
He has seen major growth in his game and fits well with our bigs. He is also an amazingly quick player snatching rebounds from opponents eager hands. Fun guy to watch! He is like two players in one, the Swiss Army knife is very apt.

Reaction Score
The T also hurt him. He played around the last 5 minutes with 4 fouls and they needed him on the floor. I'm sure he was aware and knew the team needed him out on the floor. He played smart, but had to hold back just a bit.

It's been said many times before, he's an average jumpshot away from super- stardom.

Reaction Score
The T also hurt him. He played around the last 5 minutes with 4 fouls and they needed him on the floor. I'm sure he was aware and knew the team needed him out on the floor. He played smart, but had to hold back just a bit.

It's been said many times before, he's an average jumpshot away from super- stardom.
I hate the rule of a technical also being counted as a personal foul in college.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the personal assessed with the T as much as some. I don't like all the chirping that takes place, but it seems it is called arbitrarily.

I do like Jay Bilas suggestion that when a team commits a lane violation on the freethrow where the ball is live if it is miss; that the other team gets possession of the ball. You are taking away for a chance of a rebound and full possession.

That's not really here or there right now, though.

Let's just agree that Jackson is a stud who needs to stay on the floor.

Reaction Score
He is the one guy I don’t think should come off the court. Just move him to different positions as others come in. Love something about everyone else playing and absolutely fine with minutes go to the hot hand(s). Jackson is the most important person on a team that has soooo many options with different guys stepping up each game.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Total effort performance from Dre. Thought he was the only starter that really brought it for the entire game.

Reaction Score
I don't mind the personal assessed with the T as much as some. I don't like all the chirping that takes place, but it seems it is called arbitrarily.

I’ve never understood the idea that a coaching staff can stand ten feet from a kid and scream at him when he shoots a three but when he makes it and says something he gets t’d up.

Reaction Score
I agree, but that's why AJ needs to just play. Just don't put your fate in the hands of the refs when it doesn't need to be.

I remember when just uttering a curse word, even if it was at yourself in frustration would get you a T. It's still an arbitrary thing that a ref can decide to enforce at anytime. Most refs these days let it go as long as it is not directed at someone, especially themselves. Still, it can be called and you have to be careful.

I also think the T had roots in his staredown of Akok earlier and the refs are well aware of Akok's history and path to Georgetown.

caw

Reaction Score
He was pretty close. Finished 7 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists. If he made a missed dunk, and didn't step out of bounds the points are there. And once a guy gets to triple double watch it seems to happen. Would have been nice.

Amazing that no one really noticed.

As a starter (five games) in about 31 minutes per game AJ is averaging 7.4 PPG, 6.2 APG, 6.4 RPG, 1 BPG, 1.6 SPG on 52%, 38.5%, 100% splits. With only 1 TOPG.

Shooting %'s are a bit deceptive due to his absurdly low shot attempts.

13/25, 5/13, 6/6.

Hurley did a great job of slowly integrating him into the lineup from his injury. While not a great shooter from deep, he seems to be good for about 33%+ from distance which is enough to keep defenses honest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom