Hurley Article on next years roster | The Boneyard

Hurley Article on next years roster

Reaction Score
Our inbound recruits, if they all still plan to come, are very underwhelming.

Not sure what his plan is, but we will soon find out.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Larriers got way more than what we saw last year. Coming off a red shirt/knee injury/ with isolation offense ain’t easy. What Brimah and Purvis are doing right now should give you a lot of confidence that Larrier has more we haven’t seen yet. Still it says unlikely but plenty of dominos still to fall.

EDIT- I’d take him asap

Reaction Score
Larriers got way more than what we saw last year. Coming off a red shirt/knee injury/ with isolation offense ain’t easy. What Brimah and Purvis are doing right now should give you a lot of confidence that Larrier has more we haven’t seen yet. Still it says unlikely but plenty of dominos still to fall.

EDIT- I’d take him asap

So wrong with that analogy. Larrier can’t play D was awful on D and Hurley starts it with D not a good fit. He’s not going to suddenly learn how to handle the ball this summer or get tougher either please let him go.

Reaction Score
My blood pressure cannot take another season of Larrier. Top priority should be the returning 10 guys, 2 incoming guys, and rerecruiting Akinjo. With that, there’s the 13 schollies.
TBH, I'd actually be pretty interested in seeing Larrier with a coach like Hurley and would love for him to come back. Don't think it happens, though.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Larrier is in the gray area. He is a serious long shot to ever make the NBA. I am not sure he is even good enough to play in any of the big money leagues overseas. If he really wants to stay in basketball, the smart move may be to come back, but with the idea that he is going to transition into coaching at some point in the future. Another year at UConn would help position him better for a coaching career than playing for some Argentinian semi-pro team. He can still do a few years overseas after next year if he really wants to.

He is in a similar position as Daniels was in 4 years ago, but Daniels had a much higher probability then of making the NBA than Larrier does now. I thought Daniels made the right decision. Not sure about Larrier.

Reaction Score
We are going for top talent with Hurley. I wouldn't mind him cutting some guys loose. Rip the band-aid off and get his type of guys in here.

I would have no problem with him doing some weeding.

Reaction Score

EDIT- I’d take him asap
Larrier could be very effective as a piece and a spot up shooter but I fear he thinks of himself as a feature player. There’s definitely a place for a good spot up 3 point shooter in the NBA, especially in today’s system.

Reaction Score
Larrier’s offense shouldn’t be discounted. Run him off screens for elbow and baseline jumpers, find him for spotted up 3’s and you’ve got a guy that can contribute a solid 13-15 pts on decent percentages. You’re not getting that out of many freshman or transfers consistently. Just never ever ask him to break someone down off the dribble or lead the break and you’ll be ok, no biggie lol. Who knows if he can ever be a consistently bought in, tough defender though. Maybe you can hide him in a zone, even use his length to your advantage on the back line, but in man he’s all matador.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom