Hurley and Ollie | The Boneyard

Hurley and Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I won't lie - I'm very happy we have Dan Hurley as our HC now and he looks like he'll get us back to top 20 (even top 10) status in the upcoming seasons. Lots to look forward too. But part of me still feels bad that everything went wrong with KO. I really wanted him to be the guy as most of us did. He was part of the UConn family, hand-picked by JC. We all rooted hard for him to succeed, especially those first couple years. I think the players we had were even more motivated to win for him, especially in that 2012-13 tourney ban season. And it showed a year later when Bazz took us on another magical run in the Big Dance for another NC.

Seeing his coaching fall apart and him getting bashed constantly for it - it's not been an easy last couple years for us as fans. Been torn the whole time. Steadily we knew more and more he had to go. Hopefully the UConn brass can settle this departure with KO as unmessy as possible.

I believe we have the right guy now in Hurley. Make no mistake. Butt maybe this is a lesson about hiring "within the family" - when things go wrong, it makes it harder to cut ties.

KO will always be a Husky to me and will always be grateful for his contributions as a player and for delivering a 4th NC to us as a coach. Truly wish him the best wherever he lands.

But time to move on now and get behind Hurley. UConn has to get back to being UConn again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously. I was thinking the same darn thing while I was reading the post. OP was just inviting Ollie bashing with his post.
Reminds me of a crazy woman I used to date. Would attack and bash for 1/2 hour then end with, "but i think we need to move on from this." Any attempted retort would be met with, "so I guess you're not mature enough to move on." LOL. I moved on all right.

Reaction Score
Long run KO will do fine. He can move to the NBA unencumbered and with a few bucks in his pocket. He can work his way up there and maybe be a head coach or just have a nice rest of his career as an NBA assistant.

Reaction Score
I was firmly in the "give him another year " camp. I think he would have turned it around. Having said that, he is no longer the coach. I can certainly see why most felt a change was needed. Do I feel bad for KO? Yes. The final straw was probably the waning interest(especially attendance). Had they been filling the arenas he would most likely still be here. I heard Hurley say this is his dream job. Expectations are going to be much higher than his previous 2 gigs. I will admit I firmly think the past 2 years the team should have made a post season tourney. All the press about Ollie had to play into that at least a little.
Onward and upward.
Good luck DH. Best wishes KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member