Hurley and Calhoun handshakes | The Boneyard

Hurley and Calhoun handshakes

Bost4

Mr. to you...
Reaction Score
The indelible image seared into my memory from that game is Dale Davis’ expression of absolute disbelief - 2:18 on the video.

Reaction Score
I can't remember whom because this was before the internet and the Boneyard, but the mom of one of our big recruits in the 1991 recruiting class (Donyell, Donny, KO, Rudy, Fair, Ashmeade, I think I got everyone) referenced Calhoun's behavior after The Shot as a reason she trusted him. She said something about him being able to turn off his excitement for a moment to shake hands and console Clemson coaches/players as something she appreciated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't remember whom because this was before the internet and the Boneyard, but the mom of one of our big recruits in the 1991 recruiting class (Donyell, Donny, KO, Rudy, Fair, Ashmeade, I think I got everyone) referenced Calhoun's behavior after The Shot as a reason she trusted him. She said something about him being able to turn off his excitement for a moment to shake hands and console Clemson coaches/players as something she appreciated.
First I heard this. I like it!

C

Chief00

I agree as great as the catch and shot were, the pass was even greater. Very few guys could make the pass that Scott had the rare ability to make.

Reaction Score
Remember this well. Watching ESPN at the time and they had a segment on how to do it and how not to. Showing the Digger from Notre Dame after beating the cuse on a last second shot jumping and dancing thru the whole line looking foolish and the look on Boeheims face was priceless. Then they showed Calhoun and said this is how you do it with some class. Glad you found it superjohn.

Reaction Score
Elden Campbell’s face in disbelief. Cause he was killing us on the comeback they made and he like almost everyone else was sure they won the game. Until....

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I agree as great as the catch and shot were, the pass was even greater. Very few guys could make the pass that Scott had the rare ability to make.

Part 1: Former HS QB, with 5 seconds, passes 80 feet to a gangly guy with a nice wingspan.

Part 2: A guard, a single second on the clock, catches ball, spins, jumps and shoots ball to a basketball rim.

Hate to be that guy but the catch and shot were just a bit greater.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Part 1: Former HS QB, with 5 seconds, passes 80 feet to a gangly guy with a nice wingspan.

Part 2: A guard, a single second on the clock, catches ball, spins, jumps and shoots ball to a basketball rim.

Hate to be that guy but the catch and shot were just a bit greater.

Both made great plays, but who else on the court could have made that accurate pass over an NBA 6’ 10” guy ? My guess is no one.
The catch and shot were great timely plays but several players were capable of it. Clemson was focused on.not fouling, so the defense was passive.
#ChiefCertified

Reaction Score
"The shot" always should have been called "The pass" IMO. Burrell is the only player in the country who could make that pass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom