Hurley’s next move | The Boneyard

Hurley’s next move

Reaction Score
Bench Vital Gilbert and Polley til the first media timeout Sunday. IDGAF that it’s Florida. The team as it’s constructed now isn’t going anywhere. We’re building for next year two games in. The younger guys need to see this. Run the kid from Southington, Adams and sid. Hurley hems and haws like a god damn clown on the sideline and you fools take it as him being a hardarse. You assume behind closed doors he’s running the team to death after a loss like that. We have no idea if he does. bench the fcuck out of those three this weekend. JC wouldn’t put up with it. It’s your move Hurley - DO IT

Reaction Score
exactly what difference does it make?
The difference is that Vital and Gilbert are two of the only guys on our roster who know how to play basketball competitively. Without them, we would be a glorified version of Eastern Connecticut State University.

Reaction Score
I get benching Polley and AG but not CV. At least CV shows heart. I’d rather see Badams who plays hard and Sid who’s shown athleticism but just needs to convert on offense. Especially against Florida we need the athleticism that Sid would bring even though Polley has a better touch and better defending, Sid could get a mismatch as the 3 down low and will also get some boards and maybe a block. BAdams plays hard and shows lots of improvement but at times needs to slow down a little and focus up. I don’t want to see AG who has poor defending and poor offense as we saw last game go out there. And I don’t want to see Polley, a 3 who never steps inside the paint all game and who can’t rebound play. I think Polley thrives at the 3 ball but he’s gotta be able to play inside too. Sid is just more versatile

Reaction Score
Bench Vital Gilbert and Polley til the first media timeout Sunday. IDGAF that it’s Florida. The team as it’s constructed now isn’t going anywhere. We’re building for next year two games in. The younger guys need to see this. Run the kid from Southington, Adams and sid. Hurley hems and haws like a god damn clown on the sideline and you fools take it as him being a hardarse. You assume behind closed doors he’s running the team to death after a loss like that. We have no idea if he does. bench the fcuck out of those three this weekend. JC wouldn’t put up with it. It’s your move Hurley - DO IT

I think benching themto start this game would be too much, but I think your on the right track. There needs to be consequences. I’ve read on here that Hurley doesn’t take any crap and is tough on the players when they under perform. Well I just don’t see it, to me it looks like he wants to be the coach that’s cool and has his players back. That’s fine I like that, but there comes a time when you really need to send a HARSH message to the team like Calhoun would. In my opinion he is too laid back and just like Ollie, he makes weird faces instead of gettin in faces.

Reaction Score
The difference is that Vital and Gilbert are two of the only guys on our roster who know how to play basketball competitively. Without them, we would be a glorified version of Eastern Connecticut State University.

They went 10-40 with 6 turnovers. I don’t care if you replace them with the 6th man from Ludlowe high school. Selfish low basketball IQ play should not be rewarded in this system. You bench em for 5-7 mins to open the game. Let it sit in that we’ll take this from them if they don’t fix their mistakes. They know there is no one better on the roster, which is a whole nother problem, that can push them for minutes so they can get away playing like mushroom caps unless Hurley does something. This is how you do something.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Did you sign into the chat last night as another name?

Reaction Score
Did you sign into the chat last night as another name?

I rarely post anymore because the snowflake mods get triggered by bluntness and I certainly wouldn’t waste my time creating a second account. #teamslack

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Bench them? No. But I wouldn't mind seeing him short leash them and pull them off and explain what he wants, emphatically, and them put them back in. We need to wake them up.

Reaction Score
This is the Polley we saw a lot last year. He does next to nothing all game and then hits a few big 3s down the stretch. Good players don’t disappear for 35 minutes of the game. He also needs to seriously work on his rebounding

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
That's why we need JG to do more than produce zeros soon and JB ready to roll after this weekend. Right now can't pull AG and CV for long without capable replacement - we are too thin in the 1/2s.

Bench them? No. But I wouldn't mind seeing him short leash them and pull them off and explain what he wants, emphatically, and them put them back in. We need to wake them up.

Reaction Score
This is the Polley we saw a lot last year. He does next to nothing all game and then hits a few big 3s down the stretch. Good players don’t disappear for 35 minutes of the game. He also needs to seriously work on his rebounding
Or our guards need to realize they have a player on the court with them that is an elite 3 point shooter and find him when he’s open.

Polley should be taking 8 3’s a game, however Vital and Alterique are taking away from his shots.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Or our guards need to realize they have a player on the court with them that is an elite 3 point shooter and find him when he’s open.

Polley should be taking 8 3’s a game, however Vital and Alterique are taking away from his shots.

I think they (AG, CV, Tyler Phommachanh) are all streaky, but yeah you are right the guards should try to look for Tyler Phommachanh more as that is his one advantage (height/matchup) and shooting. Unfortunately Tyler Phommachanh doesn't defend, rebound or dunk - JB will probably take some of his minutes.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You don't bench the starters because of how they played the prior game. That sends the message that practice doesn't matter. Effort and output in practice determines starters and bench. If the game starts poorly and you need to send a message, fine. But not right off the bat.

Reaction Score

You have a point. I guess I’d like to see Polley take more initiative to get the ball. He seems too content with sitting back and letting the guards do everything.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley’s next move will be intergrating Bouknight and Gaffney into the minutes. We can’t really sit Vital and AG down for any period of time until that happens.

Or get the young kids better.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I’d like to see them script the first plays to be open looks for Polley or Akok from 3

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom