Hurley’s new contract expected to be 6 Years, $50 million | The Boneyard

Hurley’s new contract expected to be 6 Years, $50 million

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
So still not the highest paid D1 coach. I hope we're not back in the same mess in a year or two.
Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Reaction Score
So still not the highest paid D1 coach. I hope we're not back in the same mess in a year or two.
I think Dan will be more than willing to accept being the 2nd highest paid coach in the country behind Bill Self because there is certainly an argument to be made that Self should have that top spot considering his longevity as a top 3 coach + the fact that Kansas has power conference money. Also, some people would argue (I don't agree with them) that Self is still the best coach in America because Dan has only been near the top for a couple of years while Self has been for 2 decades.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Or let’s hope we’re in the same mess every offseason because Hurley just won another chip
We gave him new, higher paid contracts the past two years after national championships.

If we need to increase his contract each of the next five years for the same reasons I personally believe I could find some way to accept that

Reactions: THC

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Come on, that's an amazing contract and his contracts are always heavily incentive-laden. I don't know where we come up with the money to make him the second highest paid coach behind Self but I love it.

He said the salary has been done for weeks and he’s been working on the NIL and getting his staff paid

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused, I've seen a few different quotes that have said he's going to be the highest paid coach in the game, but this deal doesn't get him there.

It doesn't really matter as long as Dan is happy, just confused since I've seen multiple on the record quotes stating something that doesn't seem to be quite accurate.

Reaction Score
I think it was the way DH phrased his comment in the lebatard interview 1:35:25.

Something like "the Lakers job wasn't leverage to force UConn to make me the highest paid college coach or anything like that. That [his salary]was already a done deal."

Meaning that his salary was already a done deal - not that making him the highest paid coach was already a done deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a bit confused, I've seen a few different quotes that have said he's going to be the highest paid coach in the game, but this deal doesn't get him there.
You heard it directly from Ned Lamont. Maybe Hurley reduced it to give his staff a sizeable increase in pay?

Reaction Score
You heard it directly from Ned Lamont. Maybe Hurley reduced it to give his staff a sizeable increase in pay?
Lamont said it but said UConn would have to come up with the $. Probably should have just not said anything. Hurley is happy and that is all that matters.

Reaction Score

Hurley’s strong connection with his players is at heart of the UConn basketball program’s success. So it makes sense that Hurley would ask Karaban, who recently decided to return for his redshirt junior season after testing the NBA Draft waters, for advice about whether to stay in Storrs or take the Los Angeles Lakers head coaching job. The call caught Karaban, who was playing the NBA 2K video game at the time, off guard.

“I was like, why is Coach calling me?” Karaban said on Thursday. “I didn’t know if he decided and I didn’t know what was happening. … I’m just so thankful he called me. He opened up to me about everything and really just talked to me. It really speaks to the relationship that we have and really speaks to the trust that he has in me. .... He was gathering my thoughts about how I felt about him considering (the Lakers) and how the team was feeling. Really just trying to make sure the team was in a good head space. … We just had a good conversation.”

Reaction Score
I took "This wasn't a leverage play to make me the highest paid coach, that was already done" as referring to his contract already being done, not that making him the highest paid coach was already done.

Reaction Score
Lamont said it but said UConn would have to come up with the $. Probably should have just not said anything. Hurley is happy and that is all that matters.
Ned needs to make sure XL and Gampel get those upgrades. Or is he just all talk after another title run?

Reaction Score

Hurley’s strong connection with his players is at heart of the UConn basketball program’s success. So it makes sense that Hurley would ask Karaban, who recently decided to return for his redshirt junior season after testing the NBA Draft waters, for advice about whether to stay in Storrs or take the Los Angeles Lakers head coaching job. The call caught Karaban, who was playing the NBA 2K video game at the time, off guard.

“I was like, why is Coach calling me?” Karaban said on Thursday. “I didn’t know if he decided and I didn’t know what was happening. … I’m just so thankful he called me. He opened up to me about everything and really just talked to me. It really speaks to the relationship that we have and really speaks to the trust that he has in me. .... He was gathering my thoughts about how I felt about him considering (the Lakers) and how the team was feeling. Really just trying to make sure the team was in a good head space. … We just had a good conversation.”

If that's who coach is calling, sounds like we have our de fact captain. I would imagine AK and Hass are going to be our leaders this year. Makes sense--both of those guys have paid their dues.

Reaction Score

That's really cool that Hurley did that.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If that's who coach is calling, sounds like we have our de fact captain. I would imagine AK and Hass are going to be our leaders this year. Makes sense--both of those guys have paid their dues.
I'm guessing there were be a big effort to have Alex be one of our top two scorers this season. Many plays run for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom