Hurley’s first year at UConn similar to Wagner, RI | The Boneyard

Hurley’s first year at UConn similar to Wagner, RI

Reaction Score
Patience....He has had to have it amidst engineering a rebuild....it follows that fans have to go through the rebuild as well....

Patience....no reason to think that better days won't come...

Reaction Score
Solid read. I was surprised to read the assertion that there was poor work ethic on and off the court. There was no evidence listed to back up that claim so I wonder why that was even listed. Unfair to KO in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Hurley will turn this around. He has his teams fighting, win or lose. We have to be patient. I'm sure all the older fans were patient when Jim Calhoun came in and had to create something out of the then nothing program. I know we've had success and we all have high expectations but this is UConn Men's basketball going under a reset. It's a new era, and Hurley will unleash his inner Calhoun to reignite UCONN BASKETBALL!!!

Reaction Score
Why anyone would still waste time defending that guy is beyond me.
If you’ve followed me at all, you’d know I’m not a defender of KO at all. I should have clarified, the off the court work ethic mention caught me off guard. It’s so easy to pile on KO these days that someone can write almost anything and it’s accepted. For the writer to state off the court work ethic was a problem, an example of this being an issue should have been added.

Reaction Score
Solid read. I was surprised to read the assertion that there was poor work ethic on and off the court. There was no evidence listed to back up that claim so I wonder why that was even listed. Unfair to KO in my opinion.
I think part of Cobb's problem last year was classroom related.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not giving details could be regarded as either innuendo or a sense of discretion in an article that has a forward look.

Reaction Score
If you’ve followed me at all, you’d know I’m not a defender of KO at all. I should have clarified, the off the court work ethic mention caught me off guard. It’s so easy to pile on KO these days that someone can write almost anything and it’s accepted. For the writer to state off the court work ethic was a problem, an example of this being an issue should have been added.

I don’t see how you could have watched this team the past 3 years and not thought this was a major issue. We watched so many players come in and not improve year over year. That only happens because the coach is not coaching and doesn’t have a clear plan for players to improve in the offseason. We’ve already seen in year 1 with our new coach improvement in players (Carlton, Polley) even within the season. It’s like night and day, so to me it seems pretty obvious and I was a big KO supporter at one time.

Reaction Score
I don’t see how you could have watched this team the past 3 years and not thought this was a major issue. We watched so many players come in and not improve year over year. That only happens because the coach is not coaching and doesn’t have a clear plan for players to improve in the offseason. We’ve already seen in year 1 with our new coach improvement in players (Carlton, Polley) even within the season. It’s like night and day, so to me it seems pretty obvious and I was a big KO supporter at one time.
Did you read my last post??? Of course there was a huge problem on the court, with practice habits etc. I clarified from my original post that we hadn’t heard much about bad work ethic off the court since KO took over. I just thought if the writer stated that, he should have added a little evidence to back it up. Read posts before you attack people.

Reaction Score
Did you read my last post??? Of course there was a huge problem on the court, with practice habits etc. I clarified from my original post that we hadn’t heard much about bad work ethic off the court since KO took over. I just thought if the writer stated that, he should have added a little evidence to back it up. Read posts before you attack people.
I read it to mean bad work ethic scholastically.

Reaction Score
I had every confidence that DH would turn this program around and bring us back to being among the elite before the season started and I still feel just as confident today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom