Hurley’s 1st Signature Win | The Boneyard

Hurley’s 1st Signature Win

Reaction Score
Ollie had the game vs Michigan St on that battleship or whatever, Hurley has his 1st signature win as HC now too. Hopefully we can continue to build on this.

Amen. As ugly as today was, it still tasted very sweet. When things like today become a habit, then it gets really fun.

Gotta say that Akok is special. His athleticism and shot blocking fire up the crowd and make it a decided homecourt advantage. Nice to have talent like that again.

Reaction Score
Amen. As ugly as today was, it still tasted very sweet. When things like today become a habit, then it gets really fun.

Gotta say that Akok is special. His athleticism and shot blocking fire up the crowd and make it a decided homecourt advantage. Nice to have talent like that again.
Agree on the Akok point 100%. My favorite part about him is that he just seems like a kid who loves UConn basketball. Gives his all every single game. Couldn’t say that the past few years.

Reaction Score
Isn't this a win over a better team?
Honestly, I think UConn looked like the better team, whereas I think Cuse just had an awful game. Unfortunately I don’t think Florida will be ranked for very long.

Reaction Score

Cuse was #7 in KenPom at the time we beat them last year and it was neutral court.

Florida was #25 entering today and it was at home.

Cuse ended up being overrated because of their point guard troubles. Florida seems overrated, because their offense stinks. They've got a brutal schedule upcoming and will likely get further exposed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Meh, was Cuse ranked when we beat them? I feel like they may have been. Regardless we have so much history with them, especially at MSG that I think that when ranks higher. But keep in mind the post is first signature win, not best signature win.

Reaction Score
Meh, was Cuse ranked when we beat them? I feel like they may have been. Regardless we have so much history with them, especially at MSG that I think that when ranks higher. But keep in mind the post is first signature win, not best signature win.
I think they were also 15 at the time

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Cuse was #7 in KenPom at the time we beat them last year and it was neutral court.
I remember Cuse being highly regarded last year at the time of the game. That's why I asked. Anyone out there have an opinion on which team was better using the eyeball test?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Cuse ended up being overrated because of their point guard troubles. Florida seems overrated, because their offense stinks. They've got a brutal schedule upcoming and will likely get further exposed.

They are so young, and frankly, not very good right now. But depending on how things go, it's the type of team that could really gel by the end of the year and be a tough team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Citing how "overrated" the teams we beat are just screams of wanting to remain miserable. Enjoy a solid home win, folks.

Reaction Score

Florida will be fine, a lot of young talent. I didn't think they looked any more athletic than us though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What was Calhoun’s first signature win?
I was in Boston for work the January of JC's first year. The Sunday Boston Herald College BB Notes column said: "If, as expected, UConn players Cliff Robinson and Phil Gamble are declared academically ineligible, UConn coach Jim Calhoun will field the worst team in Big East history."

Two days later on ESPN, the worst team in Big East history won at BCU by 6.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom