Humorous Post-On-Another-Board of the Day - 2/14/17 | The Boneyard

Humorous Post-On-Another-Board of the Day - 2/14/17

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Someone actually said this??

I have a few more candidates for the most absurd and mindless quotes from "Inside the NBA," not from the panelists but from some clueless comments (all boy/men? fans), all featuring remarkable alternate realities.

"they [UConn] are getting the top five recruits every year"
" the gap between the 5th best player and the 6th best player is like the grand canyon in women's basketball"
"a high school boys team would beat unconn women team"
"Nobody ever admits they're cheating with that coach in their recruiting of the top 5 best players every year"
"100 wins in a row? Who cares they beat other girls thats not hard"

Nothing new here, but I don't often see so much . . . ignorant nonsense piled so high in one place.
Sometimes it's just embarrassing to share the same gender as these boneheads.

Reaction Score
In all fairness, at least at around 2 am last night, the South Carolina WCBB board had several different themes discussed, one of which that got a lot of agreement was that SC had players of roughly equal talent but that Geno was just a lot better coach than Dawn. That's a difficult thing for a competitor to admit to, and I admired that candor.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I have a few more candidates for the most absurd and mindless quotes from "Inside the NBA," not from the panelists but from some clueless comments (all boy/men? fans), all featuring remarkable alternate realities.

"they [UConn] are getting the top five recruits every year"
" the gap between the 5th best player and the 6th best player is like the grand canyon in women's basketball"
"a high school boys team would beat unconn women team"
"Nobody ever admits they're cheating with that coach in their recruiting of the top 5 best players every year"
"100 wins in a row? Who cares they beat other girls thats not hard"

Nothing new here, but I don't often see so much . . . ignorant nonsense piled so high in one place.
Sometimes it's just embarrassing to share the same gender as these boneheads.
I was surprised at how many of the commenters on the New York Times article expressed the opinion that UConn's success was entirely the result of getting the best players. I thought there would be a little less ignorance in that venue.

Having said that, it is true that UConn probably DID have the best talent for at least the two years prior to this year, and that they may have the best talent next year (although Baylor / Texas / Louisville might still be roughly comparable).

As someone on the South Carolina board said, however, does anyone doubt that if the rosters of the two teams that played last night had stayed the same but the two coaches had traded places, the South Carolina roster would have won by about 10-15 points?

Reaction Score

Yeah, and it gets better. Another one observed that no one can wear a suit and tennis shoes without looking like a referring to you know who and several posters were upset and somewhat mystified that, "everything UConn throws up goes into the basket, smh". Yet another admits that there's a winning system over here but it's boring to watch. Productive, but boring. Tough crowd out here in cyberspace.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Yes but I think it was "Tongue in cheek". I did see the comment about our beautiful brand of basketball called "boring" . That's the one that killed me. It's an art form as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction Score
"How did the Universe start," and "WHERE did this Universe start," are two unknowable questions. "How and Why can UCONN women dominate so consistently," is as simple to answer as "How does a symphony orchestra become celestial?"
Geesh, how lazy can these critics be in their thinking?

Reaction Score
In all fairness, at least at around 2 am last night, the South Carolina WCBB board had several different themes discussed, one of which that got a lot of agreement was that SC had players of roughly equal talent but that Geno was just a lot better coach than Dawn. That's a difficult thing for a competitor to admit to, and I admired that candor.
This is not uncommon these days. If you read other boards of top WCBB teams, they think their team has equal or better talent than UConn and that the difference is simply coaching. You would be hard pressed at this point to find any WCBB fan that does not acknowledge Geno's coaching superiority and this season has made that evident to even the most obstinate detractors.

Reaction Score
This is not uncommon these days. If you read other boards of top WCBB teams, they think their team has equal or better talent than UConn and that the difference is simply coaching. You would be hard pressed at this point to find any WCBB fan that does not acknowledge Geno's coaching superiority and this season has made that evident to even the most obstinate detractors.

Yup....the Tennessee board says this all the time

Reaction Score

Agreed, many SC fans commenting that not only was Dawn out-coached but she was responsible for their inconsistent effort.

Reaction Score
Vol Nation goes a bit further by implying that the TN talent is better than Uconn. Of course, this is totally based on the number of HS McDonald's AA. But they absolutely agree that Geno is the coaching master.

Reaction Score
Vol Nation goes a bit further by implying that the TN talent is better than Uconn. Of course, this is totally based on the number of HS McDonald's AA. But they absolutely [reluctantly] agree that Geno is the coaching master.
Fixed your post. Hope you don't mind. :D

Reaction Score
N
Fixed your post. Hope you don't mind. :D
Not sure that's the case.

VolNation has die hard kill UConn scumm, commenters and wow UConn has this thing down, commenters. Perhaps the overall consensus is reluctant, but middle ground TN fans are VERY hard to find.

Until this year, the Wow people were very rare.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
This quote was interesting too.

Good ole Bianca just completely lost her mind at the end of the half and threw it away when they were just trying to foul her. We can't play her anymore tonight unless they get her meds straight.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Or this one

IF YOUR POINT GUARD CAN'T DRIVE AND SHE CAN'T SHOOT, SHE ISN'T A POINT GUARD. WTF IS DAWN THINKING!!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Or

I'd love to see us lose by only single digits. Isn't that pathetic?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom