Hubris | The Boneyard

Hubris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It kills.

1. You simply cannot win a basketball game on the collegiate level with players putting in a minimum level of effort. Talent-wise, we are better than Tulsa. Unfortunately, once the whistle is blown, that doesn't mean jack if they play harder and want it more. Our guys have to play intelligent basketball and not coast on natural ability.
  2. Coaching - if your team is falling off the wagon, you damn well better be able to scramble and improvise during the game. All I can say is that it was pretty irresponsible of Ollie to sit back and expect everything to magically fall together. I don't care if you're playing Kentucky, Tulsa, or Prairie View A&M; a coach needs to take a proactive roll if things start to slip.
  3. Lastly, I felt a lot of really iffy mojo coming from here leading up to the game. I'll disrespect any program we mercilessly trounce, but only once that happens. Very few teams in this conference are at our talent level with players such as Boat, Amida, and Hamilton (we're talking talent, not consistency). However, there is no such thing as an automatic win against any of these teams in the conference. Being boisterous and acting like we're lions playing against ants is nice, but at this point in time it's just not realistic. We have the talent to win big most of the time, but we have the lack of sense to f@hck it all up.
*puts on hazmat suit*

Flame away :cool:

Reaction Score
All accurate. Good reality check. This was SMU from 2013-2014 all over again. I just looked over last years Tulsa NCAA tourney team, they only lost one legit contributor from last year. Not a bunch of scrubs. Clearly our talent is superior and showed through at the end when the "Oh crap, we're going to lose" finally hit them, too freaking late. Nonetheless going forward if Frank Haith can keep a solid program it adds a possibly consistent good team(relatively) to the mix, although impossible to offset ECU.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom