HoyaGoya ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

HoyaGoya ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Damn. Just saw the announcers. As much as I like Rafferty, I dislike Brando just as much.
  2. Newton hot early. 8 points in less than 5 minutes but then he gets called for arm contact that occurs maybe 9 drives out of 10.
  3. Why aren't we playing any D?
  4. So far (12 minutes in) this is embarrassing. Neither team playing any serious D, and Georgetown is doubling us up on rebounds. Which is supposed to be their biggest weakness., and one of our strengths.
  5. Somehow, we are making Georgetown look like a good team.
  6. At the half, we're still being badly outrebounded, but we have 14 dimes to G'town's 4, 5 steals to G'town's 1, 9 three pointers to G'town's 2 and only 4 TOs to G'town's 8. Yet our advantage on the scoreboard is only 7 points.
  7. The lack of rebounding really concerns me. We average a 12 board advantage, and at the half, G-town, not a rebounding powerhouse by any means, is 8 boards ahead.
  8. And 3-1/2 minutes into the 2nd half, we're down by two, just like that.
  9. Karaban 2 for 2 from 3 in the first half. 4 minutes into the second he's 0 for 3 from 3.
  10. What a 2 minute stretch by the good guys led by JoeyC! From the 11 minute mark to the 9 minute mark,
  11. Wow! What an awful foul call on Clingan. Two arms straight up.
  12. Bench had 2 points at the half and scored 21 in the 2nd half.
  13. We got outrebounded by a dozen. By Georgetown.
  14. All the accolades will deservedly go to JoeyC tonight, but I thought AJax was really close behind him. 8 boards, 8 dimes, a couple steals and 7 points.
  15. It was not a thing of beauty, but it was a win. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose a few of our first place votes after that performance against the worst team in the league.
  16. JoeyC's one handed touch shot while being fouled off the lob from Sanogo (not called) should be sport center material tonight.
  17. Maybe it's my imagination, but I'd really like to know how many fouls Mike Roberts calls against UConn compared to anybody else.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
How about at 9:38, maybe when JoeyC had the behind the back..Rafferty with “Suck the D!”

I Loled
I liked that one as well. Certainly Highlight fil material, but Sport Center would shock me.

Reaction Score
Entire officiating crew was carrying the Hoyas on their back, were yelling at our guys, I’ve seen better in industrial league games.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This team always stays poised. I don't think that will change.

Reaction Score
The crowd would've gone even crazier and Joey C. would've gotten a moment to be acknowledged by the fans after that one-handed shot if the refs had called the foul as well. I couldn't believe they didn't call the And 1 there.

There were some bad foul calls in the game notably Clingan's when he was straight up and barely made any contact.

Reaction Score
Forget about Georgetown’s record. They have players than can rebound and shoot, we have to give them that. Maybe not every game they will but I don’t expect them to fold this season with that much talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom