Hoya II ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Hoya II ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. No slow start today! Did not miss a shot for the first 4 minutes plus.
  2. Lost momentum a little and let them back in a bit from the line.
  3. Seemed like we were getting the shots we wanted, but had trouble getting them to go in for a few minutes.
  4. Halftime stats that make me smile even more than the score did... boards 23-9, Oboards 8-0, dimes 13-1, 3pointers 7 of 16 to 0 of 5.
  5. Getting sloppy early in the 2nd half, starting with Whaley's quick foul, then 3 TOs.
  6. Timely timeout by DH 3 minutes in stemmed the flow for a bit, but didn't really right the ship.
  7. KFree has evolved from a great PF to a pretty damned good bigs coach. Sanogo's patience on offense when he gets the ball reminds me of KFree in the 98/99 season.
  8. Speaking of Sanogo, he had a double double today.
  9. 6 players in double figures.
  10. 8 players with at least one assist.
  11. Giving up 57 second half points was disheartening, and took some of the shine off the W.
  12. It was nice to see all the graduating players contribute. Polley and Whaley had 11 points each, carlton 7 points and 7 boards, And Brendan made an appearance after not getting into a game in a while, and had 2 points, 2 dimes and a board.
  13. Clark Kellogg is one of my favorite announcers. I liked how he noted that there was some strange stuff in this game. No doubt in my mind he was alluding to the refs. Strange calls on no contact at all, and stranger still lack of calls on obvious stuff. At least it was kind of balanced though.
  14. Garbage time or not, it was nice to see Springs get in and hit a jumper.
  15. Feels great to move on to the league tourney on a solid winning streak.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sanogo had another double double today? Wasn't today his first?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Sanogo had another double double today? Wasn't today his first?
My bad. For some reason, even knowing his line against Seton Hall was 19 & 9, I still thought it was a double double. The hazards of being a geezer, I guess. Thanks for the heads up. I fixed it.

Reaction Score
To me, that second half took no shine off this victory. Hard to keepthe same intensity when you are up 30 at half. This game was beautfiul and complete, from start to finish. I can't remember a game where we got quailty contribution from atleast 8 players. The game was that well rounded where essentially everyone contributed and played well. To me, a few things stood out. First-as we have become used to, Bouknight is pure joy to watch on the floor. Points just come so easy for him and all within the flow of the game. What a special talent he is. Two- Sanogo's defense was as good as it gets. He absolutely dominated on that end of the floor. Three, when Gaffney attacks, he is such a different player. He is more of a 2 than a 1 and best serves us when he is aggresive and not when he runs the offense. Last-shout out to seniors! All three played well, especially Carlton. Just an amazing win from top to bottom.

Reaction Score
The loss of momentum, to me can be chalked up to not having a real leader on the floor. Its not a major issue, obviously, but handling comebacks, close games and other ingame challenges are made much easier when you have a Kemba/Bazz/Taliek type taking charge of the team. Players were huddling at times and not seeming to have direction or have a leading voice.

With Bouk and great play the team has been able to overcome this void, and it shouldn't be an issue.

That is my only concern going into the post season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom