How Will the Next Team to Beat UCONN Celebrate? | The Boneyard

How Will the Next Team to Beat UCONN Celebrate?

Reaction Score
Eventually, UCONN will experience defeat. A hard concept and even harder experience for a loyal UCONN fan to contemplate. Obviously, the team that beats UCONN, along with its fans, will go NUTS. Will they cut the net, frame it, and hang it like a national title trophy? Will they have a parade through campus? And, if a parade, will UCONN be invited as the GUEST of HONOR.

These are questions that people with a lot of empty time in their lives think about.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The will party at "Geno's Fast Break" restaurant at Mohegan Sun.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
I hope it won't be a Team-style Brandi Chastain moment.

Reaction Score
I hope it won't be a Team-style Brandi Chastain moment.
Hmmmm... Maybe a loss every now and then wouldn't be all that bad then :D

upload_2017-1-25_21-4-25.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
according to some that may not happen til the 21-22 season

Reaction Score
Assuming a large body of water nearby, a barge with an orchestra playing Handel's music "Music for the Royal Fireworks," celebrating the end of the 100 years' war (or in this case the seemingly never ending Uconn undefeated streak).

Reaction Score
Eventually, UCONN will experience defeat. A hard concept and even harder experience for a loyal UCONN fan to contemplate. Obviously, the team that beats UCONN, along with its fans, will go NUTS. Will they cut the net, frame it, and hang it like a national title trophy? Will they have a parade through campus? And, if a parade, will UCONN be invited as the GUEST of HONOR.

These are questions that people with a lot of empty time in their lives think about.

Most Uconn fans will go into a mild funk for a day or so IF OR WHEN --this team--looses. Then it's back to business and on to the next game. It is not like a Geno Coached team has never lost. We long time fans have seen lots of games that were lost--the saddest time was when--the Courant said---Muffet has Geno's NUMBER--Uconn during that stretch lost 7 to ND--not 7 to different teams --but to the Green Evil Empire--Muffet!!
So we have learned how to accept losses and then move forward to another 90-95-100 wins in a row --12 NC, 8 or 9 strait conference titles--after 20 or more BE titles. Hoo Hum so they have one loss!!

Reaction Score
Geno's teams have lost over 100 games - those may serve as a guide.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
If we're being objective the team that might beat UConn will be So Carolina, which is a UConn Home Game. So Carolina will be exuberant, but Dawn will expect her players to act as if they expected to win and it was no big thing. Now if they were to win on a last second possession, there probably will be some over the top exuberance.

Now if team was to lose to an AAC team on their home court, I would expect the fans to Storm the court like you see in some mens games. It would be their game of the Century and I would expect nothing but over the top exuberance and richly deserving of their reactions.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could well be for the NC. Hmmmm?

Reaction Score
I hope whoever does it stays classy and follows the guidance of Bear Bryant (or Vice Lombardi...they probably both said it a few times). "When you get in the end zone, act like you've been there before."

Reaction Score
Before the season started i picked uconn to get beat in the F4 so I'll go with cutting down the nets.

Reaction Score
If we're being objective the team that might beat UConn will be So Carolina, which is a UConn Home Game. So Carolina will be exuberant, but Dawn will expect her players to act as if they expected to win and it was no big thing. Now if they were to win on a last second possession, there probably will be some over the top exuberance.

Now if team was to lose to an AAC team on their home court, I would expect the fans to Storm the court like you see in some mens games. It would be their game of the Century and I would expect nothing but over the top exuberance and richly deserving of their reactions.

USC (University of South Carolina ) is the next trap Geno set for this team. Each trap was touted as Uconn first lost of the season (note first not ONLY). USC is an excellent team--among the best--(rated I think at #2)--. With abt 20 games to have been played by that time--the Probability of winning is very low--the probability of winning that particular game is 50/50. At home with a packed house--it shall be packed--I like Uconn's chances.
However--if the stars align in the wrong manner--and Geno looses to Dawn--I'm willing to bet my indian head nickel --they will be hooting and hollering all the way into the locker room and in the post game presser--EVEN DAWN shall see this as Jack slewing the Giant.. Finally!!--Because next year--no slewing shall be allowed!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
USC (University of South Carolina ) is the next trap Geno set for this team. Each trap was touted as Uconn first lost of the season (note first not ONLY). USC is an excellent team--among the best--(rated I think at #2)--.
S. Carolina (not USC, that's Southern Cal) is ranked #5/#4.

Reaction Score
Like Syracuse did, they should put a photo of the immediate post-game team celebration, including the final scoreboard, on the front or their media guide for the next 10 years.

Prolly should use that same photo in the letterhead on their recruiting stationary as well.

Reaction Score
They will begin their own winning streak in an attempt to exceed our winning streak and gain everlasting immortality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom