How UConn Landed Shonn Miller (Borges article) | The Boneyard

How UConn Landed Shonn Miller (Borges article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow great read. This was some match made in heaven, miller should seamlessly enter the 4 position and have an instant impact. He was a really high usage player at cornell, if he can just master hitting mid range jumpers off drivenkicks and cleaning glass... this is a game changer

Reaction Score
I love the multiple mentions that he's an "elite" defender and rebounder. His defensive versatility will be huge too for when we switch off of screens.

No other available player could perfectly filled the needs of our roster like Miller. His presence on our team immediately makes us so much better.

Reaction Score
Much respect to the Cornell coach as well, who actually has a reasonable stance on grad transfers. (And also was 100% correct in telling coaches that if they dared to contact the kid during the season, they were out).

Reaction Score
I love the multiple mentions that he's an "elite" defender and rebounder. His defensive versatility will be huge too for when we switch off of screens.

No other available player could perfectly filled the needs of our roster like Miller. His presence on our team immediately makes us so much better.
Also, how about the fact miller hasn't played with the kind of talent he will next season... like ever in his life? when you play with better players, the game becomes so much easier. I could (and hope to) see his efficiency scoring go up for one

Reaction Score
Would be nice to see an article laud the assistants just once. Seems like KO is carrying them rather than them helping him do some heavy lifting.

So excited about Miller tho! Really disappointed with Faceys finish. Still think he can be valuable, probably not a starter here.

Reaction Score
Also, how about the fact miller hasn't played with the kind of talent he will next season... like ever in his life? when you play with better players, the game becomes so much easier. I could (and hope to) see his efficiency scoring go up for one

My guess is that his 3P% goes up next year, but on fewer shots. That Cornell team had a dreadful offense, and a lot of guys put up piss-poor outside shooting numbers. That's an indicator that they had trouble creating good looks, which is why your 4/5 is taking 104 threes and making 28 of them.

Reaction Score
My guess is that his 3P% goes up next year, but on fewer shots. That Cornell team had a dreadful offense, and a lot of guys put up piss-poor outside shooting numbers. That's an indicator that they had trouble creating good looks, which is why your 4/5 is taking 104 threes and making 28 of them.
Yeah his role will completely transform. no longer needed to do literally everything on the floor, he can focus on his strengths and what he can offer to the team. it also helps he is most likely a very high iq player, the impact should be immediate. Could also be a useful screen setter and roller, let brimah roam for lobs or offensive rebounds ( which brimah does well with his long ass arms), and open up shooters due to his strong rolls to the hoop. too excited and its may

Reaction Score
Man, if we get Gibbs this team could be absolutely awesome! Especially if Dham,Purv and Brim really improve over the summer.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
A lot of things to get from this article.

Great attitude by the coach! Shon fills a great need. But most important is that KO beat Cuonzo Martin for Miller. And that was before Rabb made his commitment!

I've listened to a lot of KO's speeches. From what I heard he's got the ability to make an impression. I would be incredibly surprised if the next couple of seasons were not tremendously better than the past two seasons recruiting wise. And I don't feel that those two seasons were horrible by any stretch of my imagination.

Reaction Score
Even though it's a different position, Boat was an elite defender so we need another good one. His rebounding can help start the fast break which we were held back on last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom