How to win over your neighbors (and perhaps sneak booze into your venue of choice) | The Boneyard

How to win over your neighbors (and perhaps sneak booze into your venue of choice)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Our neighborhood has an annual block party, which happened yesterday. You pay a nominal contribution per adult, which goes to such things as a bouncy house and the "entrees" (which are typical stag party food, IOW, cheap to make) along with sodas and water. Neighbors are asked to bring either a side dish or dessert and it's BYOB.

Whether you are asked to bring a dessert or side dish is determined alphabetically by last name. This year I had dessert. We don't have kids, nor are we very big on desserts. While in the past I've made things for the party that we wouldn't normally eat just to do my civic duty, I took a different path this year- adult ice pops.

I made three different kinds: pina colada, strawberry margarita and white russian pudding pops using these ice pop bags. Brilliant invention, btw.

I made about three dozen of the things. They were gone by end of the night, even though we showed up late (early hours are mostly focused on the kids). Of all the dishes I've ever made for this thing, these boozed-up ice pops were universally lauded with more compliments than I've ever received.

All the cute moms proclaimed me their hero for the night. Apparently there is much less social stigma attached to sucking on a shot of vodka or rum than shooting one in front of the kids. The white russian pudding pops were particularly potent and popular.

I'd tend to think these things can easily be snuck into a game. Hell, you can probably just pour straight booze into them and skip the freezing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our neighborhood has an annual block party, which happened yesterday. You pay a nominal contribution per adult, which goes to such things as a bouncy house and the "entrees" (which are typical stag party food, IOW, cheap to make) along with sodas and water. Neighbors are asked to bring either a side dish or dessert and it's BYOB.

Whether you are asked to bring a dessert or side dish is determined alphabetically by last name. This year I had dessert. We don't have kids, nor are we very big on desserts. While in the past I've made things for the party that we wouldn't normally eat just to do my civic duty, I took a different path this year- adult ice pops.

I made three different kinds: pina colada, strawberry margarita and white russian pudding pops using these ice pop bags. Brilliant invention, btw.

I made about three dozen of the things. They were gone by end of the night, even though we showed up late (early hours are mostly focused on the kids). Of all the dishes I've ever made for this thing, these boozed-up ice pops were universally lauded with more compliments than I've ever received.

All the cute moms proclaimed me their hero for the night. Apparently there is much less social stigma attached to sucking on a shot of vodka or rum than shooting one in front of the kids. The white russian pudding pops were particularly potent and popular.

I'd tend to think these things can easily be snuck into a game. Hell, you can probably just pour straight booze into them and skip the freezing.

I guess the key to getting them frozen is to minimize the alcohol content.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I guess the key to getting them frozen is to minimize the alcohol content.

Recipes ranged from 8% to 12.5% booze. They all froze well, although I froze for an entire day instead of the 6-8 hrs ahead suggested by the recipes. I think they'd be fine even when a bit slushy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I've got a block party coming up.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I've bought premade ones at Costco. They have a variety pack of 4 concoctions. All are solid and at 12.5% they can get you pretty buzzed easily. Can't remember what I paid for them but you could barely taste the alcohol.

I'm impressed by the homemade versions!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom