How the transfer portal is impacting the college sports landscape | The Boneyard

How the transfer portal is impacting the college sports landscape

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Some interesting comments from Utah WBB coach Lynne Roberts:

Roberts said they’re learning that the player rarely acts independently. As such, it’s important to have a pulse on the athletes as well as their circle of influence. ...​
“I’m learning this and sometimes you have to learn things the hard way, but you have to recruit kids whose circle of influence you can tell are going to stick with challenges,” Roberts said.​
Just like anything involving a change in policy, she explained, you have to adapt. Coaches that fail to do so to the new transfer-friendly society are going to end up failing. You have to adapt and figure it out.​

Reaction Score

Some interesting comments from Utah WBB coach Lynne Roberts:

Roberts said they’re learning that the player rarely acts independently. As such, it’s important to have a pulse on the athletes as well as their circle of influence. ...​
“I’m learning this and sometimes you have to learn things the hard way, but you have to recruit kids whose circle of influence you can tell are going to stick with challenges,” Roberts said.​
Just like anything involving a change in policy, she explained, you have to adapt. Coaches that fail to do so to the new transfer-friendly society are going to end up failing. You have to adapt and figure it out.​
The "Circle of Influence" is the most difficult to monitor if it extends outside of the school. Uconn and many other coaches foster close relationships within the program, that help. However, newibees usually rely on those the just left at home or in their previous school. (one comes easily to mind).
It may be perception but I would think Geno has had less of this than others.
Interesting take on the TRANSFER BUG. Too bad DDT was banned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom