How tall is Sullinger? | The Boneyard

How tall is Sullinger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My buddy played him this summer in pickup said Sullinger was 6'3/6'4 at best. When they went out to the club that night Sully was in heels and he looked a legit 6'9.

Reaction Score
My buddy played him this summer in pickup said Sullinger was 6'3/6'4 at best. When they went out to the club that night Sully was in heels and he looked a legit 6'9.

Thats a bit much don't you think? He is 6'6 without shoes and 6'7 with shoes about same size as jeff adrien I would say. Mason Plumlee looks huge compared to him.

Reaction Score

Why was he wearing heels?

Reaction Score
Thats a bit much don't you think? He is 6'6 without shoes and 6'7 with shoes about same size as jeff adrien I would say. Mason Plumlee looks huge compared to him.

Well...Jeff Adrien himself was listed at 6'7 but was probably closer to 6'5.

Reaction Score
Either way Sullinger or Ohio State don't really impress me. Sullinger got manhandled it seemed by Josh Harrelson last year in the NCAA tournament. Ohio State will have trouble with big and athletic teams like UCONN. Our biggest threat will be Kentucky. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Either way Sullinger or Ohio State don't really impress me. Sullinger got manhandled it seemed by Josh Harrelson last year in the NCAA tournament. Ohio State will have trouble with big and athletic teams like UCONN. Our biggest threat will be Kentucky. Thoughts?
and unc make no mistake that team is going to be big time by march.

Reaction Score
OSU's offense is based all around the double team on sullinger...if you can get a guy to shut down sullinger one on one...then OSU's offense will struggle

Reaction Score
OSU's offense is based all around the double team on sullinger...if you can get a guy to shut down sullinger one on one...then OSU's offense will struggle

easier said than done but i agree. he`s not very athletic so he might struggle against tall athletic big men.

Reaction Score

I have one guy in mind that would be able to do that. Hint: Hes a freshman. He plays for Uconn. He just got Big East rookie of the week.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dear Diary,

What I learned on the Boneyard today....

Jared Sullinger is six inches taller in shoes than he is in sneakers and that you can beat a top three team by 22 points and still not be impressive.

Good night, Diary.

Hugs and Kisses,

Fishy

Reaction Score
I don't think Sullinger really wears high heels to the club, just trying to make a joke about how stupid it is talking about basketball players heights, they are all smaller than they are listed at and who cares the kid can play. Ohio State looked very good tonight and Duke was exposed for all it's flaws just like I thought would be the case.

Reaction Score

I think Sully is impressive if you look at his game collegiately. He's just as good as Jeff Adrien was and I'm sure many were impressed with Jeff. As far as OSU they were at home against a top team and slaughtered them. How can you not be impressed?

BTW: I think its okay to admire other players and still be a UConn fan. Sullinger is one of my favorite non-UConn players so I usually come to his defense.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if he's listed as 6'9" by TOSU, then he's 6'7.5" tops (but the same can be said about our kids)

I was very much impressed by the Buckeyes. Think they're the best team in the country

Reaction Score
I think Sully is impressive if you look at his game collegiately. He's just as good as Jeff Adrien was and I'm sure many were impressed with Jeff. As far as OSU they were at home against a top team and slaughtered them. How can you not be impressed?

BTW: I think its okay to admire other players and still be a UConn fan. Sullinger is one of my favorite non-UConn players so I usually come to his defense.

Kitaman you're being too nice. Anyone who doesn't think Sullinger is a very good college basketball player is high. He's a much better player than Adrien as he can also pass the ball and put it on the floor. His interior skills are great and if he were actually 6'9 he'd be even more unstoppable. Andre wouldhave a tough time but so would Sully in that matchup if AD moved his feet and just stayed on the floor!! Still, I'd take Sullinger in a second.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ohio State is a very, very good team, and Sullinger is close to unstoppable at the college level. IMO, they are the best team in the country, although the lack of athleticism is going to bite them in the butt in the tournament again.

Duke is completely underwhelming. It is a credit to Coach K to have beaten some of the teams they have beaten, because this team looks like a bubble team at times. Rivers has a lot to learn and the Plumlees are stiffs. Curry is just a good jumpshooter, nothing more. Dawkins is just a defensive player. Put it altogether, and you have a bubble team on paper, but K has managed to steal a few games and will probably have Duke 11-20 during the year, although you will see some big "upsets" of Duke that aren't really upsets. Duke is not making the second weekend of the Tournament.

Reaction Score
You post this the same night that Ohio State puts an absolute smackdown on Duke? You can say Duke isn't that great, and I wouldn't argue with you - despite the fact that they just won a loaded Maui tournament. But how can you possibly have watched them play last night (maybe you didn't) and not be impressed with Ohio State? Sullinger is a monster. Aaron Craft was awesome last night - completely locked down Seth Curry and was 100x better offensively than I thought he was. Buford and Thomas are really, really good. They space the floor and pass the ball extremely well. Austin Rivers was the only Duke player who wasn't completely outplayed last night.

Ohio State has already beaten Florida and manhandled Duke. What would they have had to do last night to be impressive - win by 60?

Reaction Score
A couple thoughts from other posts..Duke's defense, especially on the perimeter is horrible. Dawkins is not a defender at all, actually quite the opposite. Him, Curry and Kelly are big defensive liabilities.

I'm not sure how you can't be impressed with OSU. I have been a Craft hater but he was terrific last night. He has the ability to completely lock down an opposing player and he is actually fun to watch on defense, something you don't say very often. I would have loved to see him D up on Rivers a little. Sullinger has a unassuming, crafty game but is just so good one on one. In order to stop OSU, you really need a big that can contain him straight up. Buford is highly underrated and Thomas is a huge matchup problem. I think OSU is the best team right now and will remain top 3 all year. They have a high level of talent and experience and have big time recruits who are glued to the bench. They could encounter difficulty against a big and athletic front court because both Sullinger and Thomas are undersized.

I also think its pretty clear that the Maui field was unbelievably over hyped. Memphis and Michigan have been exposed and KU is next. UCLA is horrible and Georgetown is average.

Reaction Score
Sullinger is too short at 6'7 and he doesnt have great athleticism. A good man can shut him down no problem. If we do see them in the NCAA torunament I expect UCONN to win fairly easily with Drummond neutralizing Sullinger big time. I would not waste a lottery pick on Sullinger if I was an NBA gm because hes a tweener who doesnt have great athleticism. He will have trouble guarding power forwards in the NBA. Maybe I am just homering for UCONN but i think itsundoubtedly true.

Reaction Score
Sullinger is too short at 6'7 and he doesnt have great athleticism. A good man can shut him down no problem. If we do see them in the NCAA torunament I expect UCONN to win fairly easily with Drummond neutralizing Sullinger big time. I would not waste a lottery pick on Sullinger if I was an NBA gm because hes a tweener who doesnt have great athleticism. He will have trouble guarding power forwards in the NBA. Maybe I am just homering for UCONN but i think its undoubtedly true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom