How realistic is it we get Nick Richards to commit? | The Boneyard

How realistic is it we get Nick Richards to commit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I saw on the ESPN recruiting page that he has offers from Kansas, 'Cuse, and Pitt along with some others but doesn't have an offer from UConn. Is there a realistic possibility of picking him up?

Reaction Score
saw they haven't updated the site in a while but I guess my question still stands. Do we have a better shot than Kansas because UConn is closer to home?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
We have a good shot at him. The team to be aware of is UK - though Richards is really their Plan C (especially since they're likely to have a lot of their bigs stay more than one year).

Of course Kansas & a bunch of other "big" teams are involved, and will be hard to beat. But I think we'll be hard to beat here, too.

Reaction Score
To answer your question, not very likely. We made his top 11, but would be very fortunate to get an official.

caw

Reaction Score
To answer your question, not very likely. We made his top 11, but would be very fortunate to get an official.

He's a top 20 player so odds are never "good" with those especially when Duke and UK are all in on one and done kids and yes he may not take an official to UConn.

But it should be noted he has taken an unofficial to both UConn and Nova already. If he uses an official on either one, that would be telling, IMO, but not using one for two close schools doesn't mean UConn or Nova are out. I wouldn't be surprised to see either/both on his final list.

Reaction Score
We have a good shot at him. The team to be aware of is UK - though Richards is really their Plan C (especially since they're likely to have a lot of their bigs stay more than one year).

Of course Kansas & a bunch of other "big" teams are involved, and will be hard to beat. But I think we'll be hard to beat here, too.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. While prospect rankings do matter to Calipari, they aren't everything. He's visited and watched Richards a lot more than he has seen Obiagu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom