How realistic is it we get Nick Richards to commit?

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by bpr12001, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpr12001

bpr12001 New Member

I saw on the ESPN recruiting page that he has offers from Kansas, 'Cuse, and Pitt along with some others but doesn't have an offer from UConn. Is there a realistic possibility of picking him up?

2. bpr12001

bpr12001 New Member

saw they haven't updated the site in a while but I guess my question still stands. Do we have a better shot than Kansas because UConn is closer to home?

3. Matrim55

Matrim55 Why is it so hard To make it in America

We have a good shot at him. The team to be aware of is UK - though Richards is really their Plan C (especially since they're likely to have a lot of their bigs stay more than one year).

Of course Kansas & a bunch of other "big" teams are involved, and will be hard to beat. But I think we'll be hard to beat here, too.

4. Huskyforlife

Huskyforlife Best poster

Never use ESPN, their rankings and lists are trash.

5. kansashusky

kansashusky

To answer your question, not very likely. We made his top 11, but would be very fortunate to get an official.

6. caw

caw

He's a top 20 player so odds are never "good" with those especially when Duke and UK are all in on one and done kids and yes he may not take an official to UConn.

But it should be noted he has taken an unofficial to both UConn and Nova already. If he uses an official on either one, that would be telling, IMO, but not using one for two close schools doesn't mean UConn or Nova are out. I wouldn't be surprised to see either/both on his final list.

7. UConnStats

UConnStats

I wouldn't be so sure of that. While prospect rankings do matter to Calipari, they aren't everything. He's visited and watched Richards a lot more than he has seen Obiagu.

Matrim55 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.