How one Instagram post launched career of rising ESPN analyst | The Boneyard

How one Instagram post launched career of rising ESPN analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How one Instagram post launched career of rising ESPN analyst

>>A year ago, Dan Orlovsky did not know what was next.

He had retired after 12 years as mostly a backup quarterback and was perhaps best known for authoring one of the more infamous plays in NFL history. Orlovsky was watching the Week 10 Panthers-Dolphins Sunday night game and was explaining to his wife the Xs and Os behind a Cam Newton touchdown pass.

“She said you should make a video and put it on social media,” Orlovsky told The Post recently.

“At this point I thought social media was stupid, I had maybe 1,000 followers on Twitter. Three minutes later, I came to my senses. I paused my television, used the camera in my phone and just broke the play down. I went to bed and it went viral [on Instagram], and that was my moment to be like, ‘Huh, that’s how I can separate myself.’ ”<<

Reaction Score
ESPN is doing the same thing with Peyton Manning now, too.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would absolutely LOVE to see him on the UConn coaching staff. Very high football IQ and he obviously loves UConn. But as Orlovsky says, he needs to be offered the job first.

Reaction Score
As ling as Re is around I don't see that happening. He will wind up in Big 10 and then sky is the limit.
And some people thought he wasen't qualified to be an OC at UC...lol

Reaction Score
Being able to break down film means nothing. He’s never coached one day in his life. He is not qualified to be an OC at the college level.

LOL

I love everything Dan has done for this program. He will always be the face of the program to me.

I have no idea if he was offered a positional coach position but hiring a guy as an offensive coordinator with zero coaching experience would be a horrible mistake.

No issue at all with him being out on fast track to coordinator job, but he should spend a year or two as qb coach.

Reaction Score
Being able to break down film means nothing. He’s never coached one day in his life. He is not qualified to be an OC at the college level.

LOL
And u have no clue about the game, what goes into it or what qualifies him or not It’s just anothe shot from the dung beetle of the boneyard

Reaction Score
And u have no clue about the game, what goes into it or what qualifies him or not It’s just anothe shot from the dung beetle of the boneyard

Thanks for your posts. But no.

Reaction Score
I a big Dan O fan. But this guy is no friend of UConn. People should stop treating him like royalty. He’s a straight clown.
And u r a three ring circus onto yourself no one treats me like royalty that is something u developed in your pea size brain

Reaction Score
And u r a three ring circus onto yourself no one treats me like royalty that is something u developed in your pea size brain

Why do you still post here? You hate RE and you hate UConn. Go away.

Reaction Score
Why do you still post here? You hate RE and you hate UConn. Go away.
Hate is a strong word to use in any discussion but i doubt you know the difference between hate and indifference. I follow UC cause i choose to and have probably seen as many games this year ad you have.
Your just a misinformed dung beetle who gets thrown off this board more than anyone else because an intelligent discussion is one your not capable of having
Just a dung beetle from an elephant arse

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Far be it from me to defend Serrano, but... chastising someone else for not being able to engage in intelligent discussion, then calling them a dung beetle three times in one morning? That seems a little off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom